Sign in to follow this  
Webb2526

777-300ER taxi cam not showing landing gear

Hi all,

I was wandering if anyone could give me a hand with this, the taxi cam doesn't show the landing gear or any of the aircraft and i have no idea why...

20161005123800_1.jpg

FSX or P3D?  By the way, we call it the GMCS but I know what you mean.

If FSX this looks like a problem with the PMDG 777-GMCS folder in simobjects.  Try running the installer and selecting REPAIR option to see if that restores the necessary files.

If P3D which livery is this?  Same with house livery?

Dan Downs KCRP

Apologies I should have specified that before, I am running FSX. Aah okay thanks for the insight!

I have tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling the expansion but this seems to not make a difference.

Although it seems to work just fine with the PMDG house livery but not on any other livery...

Although it seems to work just fine with the PMDG house livery but not on any other livery...

Other liveries from PMDG or from the AVSIM library?  The liveries from PMDG via OC should be working.  If not i'd submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support providing enough information that they could try to reproduce or spot your error.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've only used liveries from OC, so yeah I shall submit a trouble ticket to PMDG and hope they have an answer. 

Thanks for your help Dan :)

I submitted a support ticket and heard back very quickly. 

Here is the response in case anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

There's an issue with the way the OC installs liveries - it's resulting in a failure to copy the correct entries and files to the GMC folder when a livery is installed. This should be corrected in the next OC update.

The workaround right now is to manually write the entries needed.

Here's how to do it:

- Your liveries exist in the PMDG 777-300ER aircraft.cfg file as sections that begin with [fltsim.x] where x is a number starting at 0 for the house livery. Each time a new livery is added, the OC creates a new [fltsim.x] entry for it. Each one of these in the file should correspond to a similar (but smaller) entry in the PMDG 777-GMC folder's aircraft.cfg file.

- Each livery is also associated with a texture.x folder located in the 300ER folder, where x is the identifying code or name, such as texture.pmdg for the house livery. 

What you need to do is create the corresponding entry in the aircraft.cfg file within the GMC folder and the corresponding texture folder within the GMC folder for each livery you install.

We'll do the aircraft.cfg entry first:

1. At the top of the GMC aircraft.cfg file you should see an entry that looks like this:

[fltsim.0] 
title=PMDG 777-300ER PMDG House GMC
sim=default
model=
texture=PMDG

This is what makes the PMDG House livery work in the camera view. You need to make an entry like this for each livery you have installed. Let's for instance, say I install the American Airlines livery. The new entry that would be made looks like this:

[fltsim.2]
title=PMDG 777-323ER American Airlines GMC
sim=default
model=
texture=AA

The key things here are to increase the [fltsim.x] number to one more than the last entry in the file (in this case that was 0), and to change the title= and texture= lines to the same ones that are there in the 300ER aircraft.cfg file.

Next you need to make the GMC texture folder for the livery and create a text file inside it.

2. To do this, I would copy and paste the texture.pmdg folder that already exists in the GMC folder. Then simply change the name of the folder to the correct one, so in this instance you would take the resulting "texture.pmdg - Copy" folder and rename it "texture.AA" to match the name of the texture folder in the 300ER folder.

3. Open the new folder and you'll see a texture.cfg file inside it. Open this up in notepad and you'll see this:

[fltsim]
alias=PMDG 777-300ER\texture.pmdg

Simply change the end of the second line to read "texture.aa" instead of texture.pmdg.

Repeat this procedure for each livery and they should work in the camera view.

Ryan Maziarz
Technical Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC
www.precisionmanuals.com

An easier method is to set Operations Center to "Run As Admin".

Cheers, Rob.

An easier method is to set Operations Center to "Run As Admin".

Cheers, Rob.

That is not the answer to this problem. If it was surely PMDG would advise that? The problem is in the OC itself. I run all FSX related apps as admin and still the OC doesn't install GMC folders correctly in my install.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Apologies if you aren't or this has said I'm on mobile so can't read other comments

If you have ezdok rerun the software this solved issue for me as it went strange but rerun he config and that should work providing you use ezdok

Again apologies if I have misread what your issue is or if you don't have ezdok

Stewart Cumbers

I added the add-on liveries in GMC folder manually. Unfortunately, the model is still invisible on GMCS