Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Carenado Cessna 206 RELEASED!

Well, I know what I'm going to be buying tomorrow!It looks fantastic. I just hope the VC performance is more like their 182RG than their older 210M Centurion. The 210 is a gorgeous plane, but the one thing I didn't like about it was that the VC gauge refresh rate was unacceptably slow. The 182RG, on the other hand, has a very smooth VC that's a sheer joy to fly from.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest Mike_Luchia

If anybody that has gotten it already could fill us in on all the little details of this release, that would be greatly appreciated.

Exterior done as gorgeous as any other Carenado release.Many model choices, wheelpants/no wheelpants, pilot/no passenger, pilot/copilot and any combination of.Gauges nicely done and representative of real world equipment.VC has nice refresh rate like 182RG does.VC night lighting also nicely done, linked to landing light so shut off panel lights in VC and leave landing lights on.I took her through some short field takeoffs/landings and clean/dirty stalls this evening. She flies like a real one.I like the sound set... powerful, loud, high revving (for an aircraft engine).If you like GA aircraft this is a keeper.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest CWD

Do I get it now or after the promised (?) float version? Hmm...

If you love the 182 then you will love this also.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

I definitely agree. I've messed with it a little bit this morning and it's a keeper. It's got all the good stuff that the 182RG had--fantastic external model, nice smooth VC, great FDE--and tacked on one of the best soundsets I've ever heard. At full power it's got a real set-your-teeth-on-edge sound to it that you'd expect from the prop turning 2850 rpm, at cruise it's got a nice laid-back grumble.The radio stack and avionics are similar to their 182RG and 210M (including single-axis Cessna 300A autopilot). I'm not a real pilot but the FDE seems good; it feels like a fairly heavy single, less responsive than the 182. My only regret so far is that there isn't a cargo version with the back seats removed; or maybe there is, I haven't checked out all eight models yet!And one little thing I found...I don't think there's a "both" selector on the fuel tanks, so you have to switch back and forth left/right like in the real thing.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

>And one little thing I found...I don't think there's a "both">selector on the fuel tanks, so you have to switch back and>forth left/right like in the real thing.>>Lewis "Moose" Gregory>Richmond, VirginiaHi Moose,If your default flight is as usually suggested with the default C172 with the fuel selector in the "both" position most aircraft will continue to use fuel from both tanks unless you touch the fuel selector. A few aircraft have been designed with gauges that actually force the fuel selector to the right, left or off position therefore forcing manual changes during use. While in real life you watch the fuel gauge and change tanks every 15 minutes or so MSFS causes an unrealistic pronounced roll to the heavy side of the aircraft (also noticed if you load only one side of the aircraft with people). Since I find this quite annoying for hand flying I usually leave this feature alone and just keep the default "both" setting.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest CWD

I broke down and got it now. Two thumbs up all the way! :-beerchug

Guest FattyBear

Ugh their stupid shopping system says Error: No existe cliente en la base de datos. Why can't they all be as easy as Flight1? x(

im curious to know why they arent using flight one like they have in the past. I love Flight 1. Seems so much easier to me. I wish PMDG would use their wrapper. It aggrivated me when i bought the 744, that my email didnt come for some time, and that if i ever need to re download the aircraft, i have to send a request for a url to the file, and last time, i didnt see it for nearly 18 hours. The wrapper seems like the best to me. Its just all "instant". :)I guess ill get it tomorrow, ive been looking forward to it. :-wave

Guest Mike_Luchia

Does anybody know if the proposed float version is going to be an upgrade, or a new purchase? She looks like a beauty. Roll on payday.

I don't believe Carenado has ever used Flight 1 for downloads. I have four of their airplanes, and haven't had a download/purchase problem. Don't have the 206, though.

Yup, they have a few planes on flight1.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

yea, several.. i just prefer the wrapper.. seems to be the easiest for me.. That download link never seems to come.. Then you have to have URL's re-validated if you have to redownload it.. Just a pain when it comes down to it.