Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Carenado Cessna 206 RELEASED!

>>And one little thing I found...I don't think there's a>"both">>selector on the fuel tanks, so you have to switch back and>>forth left/right like in the real thing.>>>>Lewis "Moose" Gregory>>Richmond, Virginia>>Hi Moose,>>If your default flight is as usually suggested with the>default C172 with the fuel selector in the "both" position>most aircraft will continue to use fuel from both tanks unless>you touch the fuel selector. A few aircraft have been>designed with gauges that actually force the fuel selector to>the right, left or off position therefore forcing manual>changes during use. While in real life you watch the fuel>gauge and change tanks every 15 minutes or so MSFS causes an>unrealistic pronounced roll to the heavy side of the aircraft>(also noticed if you load only one side of the aircraft with>people). Since I find this quite annoying for hand flying I>usually leave this feature alone and just keep the default>"both" setting.That's it. It'll draw from both tanks if you load the default 172 first (the fuel selector will be sitting in "OFF" position in the VC) but the second you bring up the fuel selector window, it clicks over to the left tank and will only pull from one or the other after that.Realistic, but somewhat annoying due to FS's tendency to overdo it on the balance effect.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest CWD

In case anybody hasn't noticed, they've officially announced that the float and (some sort of) cargo models will be along in a few weeks, and yes, there will be an extra charge.

Yep! Finally Carenado announces the floatversion which will be a seperate payware package.Glad to see that they have been listening to their customers!:-sun1 Just had my first flights with the 206. It's outstanding, just like the 182 (or even better....)

Guest FattyBear

Anyone elses strobe lights not work?

it seems as if it will be an upgrade, not a separate package. Do I have to buy this first if I just want the cargo version?

Guest CWD

>it seems as if it will be an upgrade, not a separate package.>Do I have to buy this first if I just want the cargo version?I've sent them another e-mail asking that exact question: Will the float/cargo models be available seperately, or must one buy the original landplanes first?

Guest CWD

Got a response. It seems that at first the two packs will be available seperately, but in a few months they're going to combine them into a single package.

I purchased the day it came out and absolutely love it! :D Another great aircraft from Carenado. It is perfect for mountain flying and getting into those tight landing strips. Check out my posting in the screen shot forum for some quick images.Kevin

Will probably purchase this..should breathe some life into bush flying. Typical of Carenado to sell the float version separately..DF even gave us a free float version of their Bonanza :) But that's not a big problem for me, I'll probably get the float version as well.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest anthonye

>Anyone elses strobe lights not work?Mine don't either........Anthony..UK

Guest Mike_Luchia

Mine didn't when I had anisotropic filtering turned on to 8X just had big black boxes around the stobes. Turning anisotropic filtering off fixed the problem though.

Guest anthonye

>Anyone elses strobe lights not work?I emailed Carenado and they sent me updated effects files, now the strobes work.Email them, I am sure they will send them as promptly as they sent the files to me.Again I have to say how good their support is as always, nice to see these day's.AnthonyUK

Guest JIMJAM

I have a hundred or so hours IRL driving this plane and have read all the great reviews about Carenado so I got it.My first Carenado plane.Best $20 I spent on addons all year.Not long ago I decided to really jump in head first into the whole bush pilot life so I got Alaska Cinematic,FScargo,the Pilatus pc-12 and the incredble freeware aero-commander by Milton. I wanted a truck to do some of the local runs and last night did a few hauls with the stationaire.This plane oozes quality. Great appearance,gauges are dead on,clear and fast.The vr makes me want to the the track ir and overall one of the best out there.The soundset is really good and in conjunction with the great visuals, I had a few flashbacks to my younger days muscling the 206 around.Unlike the Pilatus and some of the dedicated stol planes, the stationaire requires some real piloting skills and planning to negotiate the mountains and get in and out of the smaller strips.I always felt the 206 didnt like whatever I wanted her to do and the Carendo reflects this. You gotta make it.I am really looking forward to the cargo version and I highly reccomend this plane to anyone wanting to fly a small workhorse.The only thing I felt "IMO" was needed was the brakes felt a little weak. I raised the brake scale to .99. Going to continue tweaking this area but then again I was always known as being heavy with the feet.Great Job Carenado!

Guest delta_one

Is it possible to de-select the virtual cockpit from appearing in Carenado aircraft just like Dreamfleet has an option to do this?