Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

It Would Be A Nice Feature

Hello,

I see that on the main option menu for the Lear 35A, you have the option to put headsets on the pilot and fo.  It would be really nice if, when that option is selected, the engine sounds would be muffled to simulate having the headset actually on, or a least a box that can be checked that would make that option happen.

I fly on Pilotedge and would love to have the option to muffle engine sounds so I can hear the controller better.

I love this Learjet and I believe it is the most addictive aircraft sim that I have (and I have them all  :wink: )

I would like to see it fine tuned for Pilotedge.

Just a thought.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob

Yes this would be a nice touch. I do not have Pilotedge

But I fly online on IVAO, this feature would be nice.

Another nice to have feature would be the animated drag chute and its effect, just in case the reversers do not work of if we have forgot to arm them...

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Hi Bob

Yes this would be a nice touch. I do not have Pilotedge

But I fly online on IVAO, this feature would be nice.

Another nice to have feature would be the animated drag chute and its effect, just in case the reversers do not work of if we have forgot to arm them...

Pascal

I sure hope that they will consider this for a future update.

Pilotedge covers only southern California now, but has 100% realistic ATC.  It's an experience. You can try it for free for a month here: http://www.pilotedge.net/

I'm sure IVAO is also difficult to use if the engine sounds are loud and in reality, the headset would muffle the engine sounds way down.

Having a drag shoot would be a lot of fun too.  I know that it was an expensive option and not on all Learjets, but since this is simulation, money is no option.  :wink:  It won't cost nothing to repack it.

Thank you,

Bob

As a work around, does it not accomplish about the same thing (as far as hearing the controller goes) to turn the engine slider (and maybe some of the others) down and the voice slider up, under the FSX (or P3D) Sounds setting tab?

Al

As a work around, does it not accomplish about the same thing (as far as hearing the controller goes) to turn the engine slider (and maybe some of the others) down and the voice slider up, under the FSX (or P3D) Sounds setting tab?

Al

I do this now, but it doesn't seem to turn it down enough.  I have it pretty low, but it is still a little too loud, especially if I turn on the window heat. I'll play around with it some more.

One of the other developers has a click spot on the jacks where you plug in the headphones.  When you click on the jack, the sounds are muffled just like putting on head phones.  It really works good.

Another workaround I do in fact, is to put headset with mic myself. Then I selected the headset sound device for the ATC (IVAO on line network). Bu the way It reduce the external sound like engine etc.... just like in real thing  :smile:

May be you can configure that way with Pilotedge?  :wink: 

si.php?id=1

Thank you Thomas, very good to know that it is possible to do it   :smile:

si.php?id=1

I appreciate all of the suggestions. 

I don't like to have anything coming out of my speakers. I use my headset for all of the sounds. That way I don't have to listen to my wife telling me to turn it down.

I've heard about this Audacity program before.  I even had downloaded it, but never tried it.  I'm going to try it with the aircraft that I use on Pilotedge.

This Learjet 35A will be the first one.  I love the sounds it has, but even the real jet engines are muffled with a headset. So it is really being more realistic to be able to do that.