Sign in to follow this  
lennie

Where can i find real airlines?

Hi Everyone!!

Not sure this is the right forum, but here goes. I run FSX. I think i asked someone this a year ago or so, and have forgotten. Mostly fly GA, and the only jet is the Phenom 300.

Anyhow, here is the question: I want to hangar World Travel, and the rest of the fake airlines and replace with United, American, Southwest, Lufthansa, KLM, etc.

Not planning to fly with Vatsim, or much ATC; just want familiar airlines at the gates when I land.

Thanks for ideas!!!

So it's not really the aircraft your are flying but the ones parked near you at the airport and also in the sky with you?

I highly recommend WOAI freeware AI aircraft.   http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You need real world AI traffic to REPLACE your FSX ai traffic.  This kind of AI traffic requires you have the AI models installed in FSX  (this will get you real airlines and their aircraft) and flight plans or schedules to control this real world AI traffic. Check out World of AI: http://www.world-of-ai.com/ ..its freeware. It has the models and schedules but requires you to install each airline you want. Another option is Ultimate Traffic 2 from Flight1. This is payware but it installs MOST real world models and schedules. 

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Thanks Charlie and Bill.

Looks like this is what i was looking for. So have to download each airline that i want? No problem, but will that get rid of World Travel, Orbitz etc??

I would say only if you leave the flight plans in the FS9 format.  That's what I did to eliminate the default airlines

altogether without having to delete them.  Keep in mind that on some rare occasions FSX will jam in a World Travel

or an Orbit airlines to compensate for a missing WOAI flight in some out of the way locations. (very rare occurrence).

If you keep the flight plans in FSX format, then I think you can eliminate trafficAircraft.bgl in your

FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.  That should also eliminate the defaults.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Rename \Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.passive and your default Orbit and World travel will be gone.

Then go and buy MyTraffic 6 and you will have all the correct airlines exactly where they should be.

Glynn

Thanks. Read a number of reviews, comments. And seems if you have addon airports there may be a problem. I have maybe 12-15 large payware airports. So do i dare?

World of Ai and learning how to do it manually grabbing plans and paints if you want to do it yourself. UT2 and the latest schedules for sale if you want the most realistic. MyTraffic if you want a lot more variety and do not care as much about realistic schedules.

I have maybe 12-15 large payware airports. So do i dare?

There are no problems with addon airports, you just need to rename the relevant Mytraffic Afcads

The Afcads included with Mytraffic are there to add the correct parking spaces to the default airports so if your addon airports are above MyTraffic in the scenery library (which they will be) there should be no issues but I rename the Afcads anyway.

Hey Glynn

If I change trafficaircraft.bgl to .passive will that affect the static GA aircraft appearing on airports?

Thanks!!

WOAI is great but you will need to do lots of work ( or some work).  Alternatively you can look at MyTraffic6.  Its payware but easy setup and go plus has all modern liveries.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000