Sign in to follow this  
bpcy22

Saitek yoke and Windows 10

How to configure Saitek Proflight Yoke, Throttle, etc on Windows 10

Hi,

I have the following ticket open with Saitek now with Logitech and no one at Logitech is answering.

Does anyone on this forum know how to fix this problem? -------

I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system, Radio, switch and auto stack which works when plugged into Windows 7.However I have bought a new gaming PC with windows 10 and even though I have downloaded the latest drivers for these products (64-bit Windows 10) from Saitek/Madcatz site I cannot get past the autorun screen where it asks (and shows a picture) to install the USB connection. The NEXT button is greyed out and I cannot install.I have searched the internet but cannot find a solution.

The Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle quadrant were bought last Xmas.The light (power?) in the bottom left hand corner of the throttle is flashing but I cannot install the drivers.

I have previously opened a ticket with Saitek 3 weeks ago but their support has just told me Logitech on this site provides it.

Please help.

Thanks

BPCY

There is a possibility that this may help (no promises):

Lots of grief and bad temper this week when W10 removed the Saitek TQ drivers and wouldn't let me reinstall a new one (missing a file, it told me).
I found this on the Avsim W10 forum:

'Go to Device Manager and find your stick/yoke or a device showing as Unknown Device.

Right click, Update Drivers...

Browse my computer for driver

In the path box, type C:\windows\winsxs and hit enter. This should install the driver generically, then you can run the Saitek driver installer to complete the setup.'

Note that you must type in the path manually otherwise it won't be found, also that I didn't then install the Saitek driver, just used the generic, which I always do with Saitek anyway.

Thanks go to poster 'tantonovitch' on the Avsim W10 forum.

Rob Jones.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying.

I tried going to Device Manager but there is no unknown device anywhere. I have included looking in the USB section.

What happens is the Device Manager screen attempts to refresh the screen continuously (it pings) until I pull the Saitek Yoke USB out and then Device Manager stabilises.

Frustrating as I can't use any of my Saitek stack on this new PC.

Thanks

BPCY

There really are times when I have to bite my lip (or take my teeth out and suck it), over the vagaries and inconsistencies of certain software and OS's....  Thankfully, it being Christmas, I can almost even forgive Saitek and MS, well ....nearly almost,  and I shall refrain from kicking my over-stuffed Rio in the 'catnips'.

Spent an hour setting up a leisurely, late-evening, jaunt from EGCC down to the warmth of the Med - PFPX, Aivlasoft, Pro-Atc, NGX FMC et.al., and then my stupid Saitek Yoke and TQ decided to drop out of the equation at the Flight Control Check!!!  Aaaaargh!!!!!!!  

It's enough to drive a Man to drink.... and, on that subject - I shall now retire back to the bosom of my family and proceed to get merrily numb! 

[memo to my useless Saitek gear:  I WILL get you at playtime on Monday. Grrrrrr!!!!]

Seasonal Regards and Felicitations to All

.... (except of course - Saitek and MS).

I've been using the Saitek Pro Flight System with FSX for 2 years. Now all of a sudden FSX won't recognize the yoke at all. The rudder pedals work OK. I have contacted Logitech and have got no help. I've been trying for a month now and no luck. I have a support ticket in progress, but get no help. Logitech tells me it is a Saitek problem and supposedly have forwarded it to them with no avail. I am at my wits end. I decided that maybe my yoke had just died. I ordered a new yoke system and have installed the software etc. but the same thing is happening. FSX just will not recognize the yoke system. Anyone know where I can go and get some help. In device manager it is shown as an unknown device. I have tried to reinstall drivers but windows 10 can't install drivers for the system. What is going on? I thought this system was supposed to be plug and play. What a joke........ mjstephenson@charter.net     

I do think Microsoft get`s unjustly blamed for some hardware problems, when the real problem is that hardware manufactures do not release updated drivers for hardware, bear in mind it`s third party hardware manufactures that get windows latest OS and updates first to test they then send out updated drivers, or in some cases do not for older hardware hopping you will replace it and buy new. I had a E.book that AMD posted on there web site that display drivers for windows 10 would not be released due to the age of the hardware 3 1/2 years old, therefore not compatible with windows 10 still run`s windows 7 no problem, I have a steering wheel Logitech there latest drivers will not config under windows 10 not supported, buy a new wheel that will work is the underling massage.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The latest Windows 10 update deleted the driver for my Saitek Pro Yoke, so none of my normal reconnecting methods worked. However I navigated to this post and the <jonesrob> method described above worked a treat. Many, many thanks for that :biggrin:

I now have P3Dv4 running with the three Saitek panels, and they needed a helping hand again to get running after the update, but now all is well. Seems every time you think you have it all sorted, someone comes along with an update, and it all goes pear-shaped again ......