Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

No FO voice FSX and Prepar3d 3.4 with Version 3.0

I am not hearing an FO voice in version 3.0. It was working fine before I updated to 3.0 in both FSX and P3D. I do have voice mode selected and I can hear the captain, FA and ground voices as well as boarding sounds. The FO does run the preflight events. I can hear the audio test from the Audio Setup page Secondary Panel. When on the Audio Setup page and I speak "preflight checklist" the green bar shows that's what it heard and the reset checklist option appears. I've tried the different voice sets, SOPs and resetting the audio system but nothing worked. I also have the PMDG 777 for both FSX and P3D and FS2Crew version 3.0 works correctly for those. I feel like I'm missing some basic step here but I've looked through the manual and don't see anything. Any ideas?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

That fixed it. It's interesting because I haven't changed anything on my computer and it is the same audio device as the 777 which doesn't use the HS button plus the 737 didn't before. Is this a new thing for V3.0 or just a random thing that happened on my computer?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Another quick question. If I am remembering correctly the FO used to greet me when I run the preflight events and tell me when she was going out for and coming back from the preflight. I don't hear that any more and I don't see those things mentioned in the SOP 1 tutorial. Has that been removed or am I remembering wrong or is there another issue with my setup?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I've run it through in real time a couple times now with different voice sets. The only things I am hearing is the FO giving me the load sheet and asking me to start the APU. No greeting from the FO or telling me about going to or coming from the preflight. The FA never asks to start boarding or says boarding complete. I swear at some point previously I heard the FO call ready for the prelight checklist but I may just be confusing it with the 777. He definitely didn't call for it in the last couple tests. Everybody seems to respond as expected when I initiate contact like calling the FA, ground or for a checklist. Oh yeah and I just realized I'm not hearing the bell from the jetbridge when I initiate the preflight events.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

No Dolby but that gave me an idea. I checked the speaker configuration in the control panel and it was set for a 7.1 speaker setup. I don't have that so I reconfigured it for my speaker setup and now I'm hearing the FO and FA. I still don't hear the jetbridge bell but that isn't critical so I'm going to go with problem solved. Thanks for the help.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg