Sign in to follow this  
Prayog

Arrival runway assignment by default ATC.

Hi everybody.

Zurich airport has 16/34 and 14/32 as its main long runways and a shorter 8C/26 as a cross runway that intersects. As I near the airport, the default ATC always (and without fail) do assign me 8C/26 which probably is not even used and/or not convenient for big planes to land.

Now what I did, I opened up relevant bgl in ADE and merely updated this runway 8C/26 to not allow takeoff and landing. I did not forget to compile scenery. No luck, next time I was given another warm welcome on the same runway. (I obviously get it changed every time and that's not the concern.)

Anybody who has an idea of what else need to be done here (I am missing something for sure), please do suggest. Objective is, I want the ATC to not even consider 8C/26 for any approach.

Regards

Prayog

Hi Prayog,

What kind of scenery are you using for Zurich? In Zurich there is a runway 16/34, 14/32 and 10/28! (8C/26 doesn't exist)

28 and 16 are normally used for takeoff, and 14 is used for landing. Depending on the current weather 28 is used for landing (all Aircraft, even A380’s) and 32 is used for takeoff.

It is necessary that you have an AFCAD active which has a crosswind configuration.

In real world 14, 28 and 34 are used for landings. 10, 16, 32 and 34 are used for takeoff, all depending on current weather situations and time.

You need to check your runway list in ade and then you probably have to add crosswind runways (google for instructions)

cheers

Dominik

Hello Swiss2259,

Thanks for the response.

You are right. I actually have 10 and 28 not 8C or 26 at the airport. However ATC always refer me to 8C to land. Sorry that I did not mention that 10 and 28 is very much present as the intersecting runway. Makes me wonder from where is ATC getting this 8C.

Regards

Prayog