Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

North Korean Airshow 2016

At the 4:32 mark you'll see an aircraft that should not be in North Korea at all...

...as it is a PAC P-750 XSTOL* built in New Zealand and it is forbidden to export it to North Korea.

* See:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAC_P-750_XSTOL

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That looks fantastic, might replace Duxford and RIAT in 2017.

Ian R Tyldesley

As it happens, that specific aircraft was exported to China, where it subsequently took part in a two company pass-through sale and was flown to North Korea. Oddly enough though, the registration is still Chinese, but it is permanently based in North Korea.

Fr. Bill    

Don't forget the MD-500s.  :smile: 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I bet it is still Chinese owned but they have a contract or lease it out for skydiving operations with the North Koreans to take people up for training. Impossible to know for certain due to their secrecy.

The manufacturer didn't know about it until this video came out:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11721444

Matthew Kane

Indeed.

This one seemed to get "under the Sanctions Radar" too...

NK09.jpg

PAC 750 - also on the sanctions list somehow got there.

This one seemed to get "under the Sanctions Radar" too...

PAC 750 - also on the sanctions list somehow got there.

This was mentioned in the first post, and again in the sixth post... :dance:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

I'll have to admit though: Those Russian Airliners look stunning. Beautiful design isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Russia, but they sure knew how to make sleek lines in some of their aircraft. Too bad I've never gotten to see some of those classic Russian airliners in real life.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

John Key signed off on a $75 million joint venture between Pacific Aerospace and Beijing Automotive when he visited in March 2014, which allowed the Kiwi-made plane to be sold into China and to private clients. It has nothing to do with NZ what China does with the aircraft after they buy it, and as long as China ignores UN sanctions on NK it will continue to happen with any product or service that is sold from any country to China, So will the USA Sanction us Kiwi`s now....!

tpewpb-6.png

China and to private clients. It has nothing to do with NZ what China does with the aircraft after they buy it, and as long as China ignores UN sanctions on NK it will continue to happen with any product or service that is sold from any country to China,

Exactly.

More concerned about the airliner at 6:12 with the tail wheel config. Thats some serious C of G issue or everybody rushes to the toilet on landing?

I'll have to admit though: Those Russian Airliners look stunning. Beautiful design isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Russia, but they sure knew how to make sleek lines in some of their aircraft. Too bad I've never gotten to see some of those classic Russian airliners in real life.

+1 and the engines sounds are awesome either, great stuff!

Good Video, Was that a landing or a crash at 09:38 with the Mig 21?

Is that what you'd call a firm landing, maybe he's practising for landing on carriers :)