Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Anyone try EZ-Scenery yet by Abacus

Guest Dakota

Looks similar to Lago FSE, but I like the look of the building and such. Has anyone tried this out to see how well it works.

HelloI have just downloaded the demo, I will try it this evening.

It does work... EZ to place objects. Have to learn that the normal aircraft slew keys are the ones used to place the objects. Simply, EZ Scenery brings up the selected object and locks it to the aircraft so as you move the aircraft it moves as well. You can change it position relative to the aircraft as well. One problem is that all objects strictly follow the underlying terrain. You cannot change that relationship - height of the object. This means you cannot place anything on a bridge. You also cannot scale an object. "I" have not been able to get it to compile a Model (MDL) file to add a new object. I always get parsing compile errors.Lago's FSE offered more flexibility relative to handling objects - scaling, height above ground, and tilting. However, Lago was completely inept when it came to customer service. In short the took a first class product and ruined it. EZ Scenery is a close substitution, but does lack features.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest sbdwag

I agree with Dick. Right now its very plain jane. But its also very simple and easy to master. Ive also found that placement of multiple object which require precise location is very easy and efficient. Things like fences, street lights and signs are a snap.I personally have not had any problems compiling my gmax mdl files for EZ-Scenery. In fact I took my two Rny12 librarys (dwaghangers and dwagsigns, ran them thought the ez-scenery library manager and they both work great in ez-scenery. Be aware this is not compatible with FSDS although Abacus plans on releaseing a new version 3 which will be compatable.There are a few bugs that I found like EZ-Scenery locks up on me (in full screen mode) only the first time I intialize it. And If I try to add objects to a airport with out first opening that airport scenery in EZ-Scenery it will kick me out to the desktop. All in all for anyone who wants to or does create scenery it is a must have the way it is. You can make scenery for anyone and they do not have to own a copy of EZ-Scenery.RegardsDennis Waggoner

I am downloading the demo and will give it a try later. I'll probably see later, but how is the object library? The website showed only small GA type airports. Do they include objects for larger airports as well?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

According to their product page, you can use any object from your FS library, at least the ones included with FS.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

I think that they have a patch now for the elevation problem - also addresses the scale issue.