Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Get rid of this weird effect?

Hi. I noticed on some airports that in the daytime, and in a distance fences and stuff get a strange effect. Kinda looks like when you lose the tv-signal (like this: http://i.imgur.com/7cqf4rS.jpg )

Is it possible to change som settings to get rid of it?

I took a screenshot and marked it with black circles. its kinda hard to see a on picture though.

Hope someone can help!

uexiC9E.jpg

"Some" airports, fences and "stuff"?  Is there a prize if we guess what the question is?

Dan Downs KCRP

"Some" airports, fences and "stuff"?  Is there a prize if we guess what the question is?

Well, hard to say if there is a problem with all the airports as it would take too much time to check. This effect is noticeable around airports with many lightpoles and fences around it. Also the approach lights as you can see on the screenshot.

I think the problem is 52.8 FPS, your hardware is struggling, something got to give. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

What is the strange effect? You really need to expand on that.

Richie Walsh

You probably need Sparse Grid Supersampling Anti Aliasing (SGSSAA).

If you have a Nvidia GPU you can use Nvidia Inspector (http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5077-nvidia-inspector.html) to set this up.

Note. 8x SGSS will give your GPU a lot of work, especially if many clouds. However, even 2x or 4x SGSS helps.

Lots of resources available on how to set it up. Here is a screenshot of my settings:

npi-p3d.jpg