Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

Wind Sheer!

Guest rmce

I am currently experiencing incredible Wind Sheer over Europe.I am using default real world weather, with Shaefells 737-800.Also have Fs Passengers running.Anyone else experiencing Wind Sheer at upper altitudes? Seems to kick in above 23K, and can cost me a flight if I dare leave teh sim alone on A/PSomewhere in my dark and distant past I recall a similar time and cannot recall what was decided to do to fix this.My real world weather has winds aloft disabled,and I have run out of ideas on this one.Any solutions?

If you have a purchased version of FSUIPC installed, there is a smooth wind changes option. Other than that, I believe this is a known issue with default weather. 3rd party programs like ActiveSky can fix this.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest rmce

Thanks for info.I have been Fssimming a fair wee while now, and I have never seen wind sheer as bad, that is constant above 25K.I am unclear as to wether certain aircraft are worse than others, but a 737-800 at 35K shold be above all that with rare exceptions.

Are the upper level winds shifting direction rapidly? This can happen, especially when you fly in certain areas between two weather stations that are reporting totally different conditions. This is a known limitation of flightsim and the default weather.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest tdragger

If it's the problem I'm thinking of it only occurs when the computed wind varies rapidly between just west and just east of due north and has nothing to do with flying between two stations.

Guest rmce

Could have something here.Most noticible in North/South flights, but not exclusivly.I shall test it again, London to Barcelona. Odd that I just have been on a Real World London/Barca flight, and it was 'bumpy' at times!The way that the FS Passengers react is way over the top!(g) Actually there is no comment from them, so I wonder if this is a sim engine problem, as even a wee gust of wind has them 'frightened for their safety', and unable to eat through fear.

Guest Ron Freimuth

Wind Sheer:>Most noticible in North/South flights, but not exclusivly.>>Actually there is no comment from them, so I wonder if this is>a sim engine problem, as even a wee gust of wind has them>'frightened for their safety', and unable to eat through>fear. In FS9, set Wind Sheer to 'sharp' between all layers. That is really 'gradual'. Of course, that only works when the WX is the same in all regions. Ron

Guest rmce

Ron,Thanks for trply.Where do I set sheer to 'sharp'?Ron

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Ron,>>Thanks for trply.>Where do I set sheer to 'sharp'? In the FS Weather Menu, for each wind layer. Ron