Sign in to follow this  
caaront

How do I get FSRecorder version 1.331 to even show up in P3D?

I am using P3D v3.4, and there is a thread about it, but using every method, trying one, reverting back, trying the next, reverting back, times 25 already I never can even get it to show up in P3D, and the only thing I can think of is that I am doing the path part wrong in the .xml.

I will attempt to show exactly what I have done:

Manual installation:

--------------------
Create a directory and extract the file "RecorderFSX.dll" into it.
Then open the file "dll.xml", which is located in "Documents and 
Settings\[uSER]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX" and add the 
following entry before "</SimBase.Document>":

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FS Recorder Module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>[PATH]\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

where you have to replace [PATH] with the path, where 
RecorderFSX.dll is located.

I did that, and here is the file where I pasted the above part, then attempted to direct the path:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>FS Recorder Module</Name>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\FSRecorderRecorder\FSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  </SimBase.Document>

Did I screw up?

Apparently on every FS site and thread about using FSRecorder with P3D this works, so I think I have simply done the path wrong as far as exact typing?

Aaron Tirrell

I caught thre recorder typed twice in the path, fixed it, still does not show up.

Aaron Tirrell

You say you fixed the path.

Assuming you created an FSRecorder folder in your Modules folder. Did you correct this :

FSRecorderRecorder\FSX.dll

To

FSRecorder\RecorderFSX.dll

?

You could also drop the dll directly to your Modules folder and use this simple path :

<Path>Modules\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the reply.

WAHOO!!! YEE HAW!!! and HOOT!!!

I did not know how to create the path, watched a good youtube video-after watching 2 horrible ones_ and found the fix:

All I had to do was navigate to the modules folder, and then where I was screwing up because I did not know any better, was simply left click in the path or address bar, and it condensed down, right clicked and copied, and then pasted it as the path and now I have fsrecorder 1.331 in the sim.

Now to go and experiment and see what limitations there are.

This is the good tutorial I followed step by step and it worked:

You say you fixed the path.

Assuming you created an FSRecorder folder in your Modules folder. Did you correct this :

FSRecorderRecorder\FSX.dll

To

FSRecorder\RecorderFSX.dll

?

You could also drop the dll directly to your Modules folder and use this simple path :

<Path>Modules\RecorderFSX.dll</Path>

That was what I did, but missed this until after following the video and getting it right, but thank you very much.

Aaron Tirrell

I can finally make smooth and well flown videos from FSRecorder recordings in P3D.

Aaron Tirrell

FSRecorder has been updated to work with P3D?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Nope, it's still the same old 1.331 FSX build that has always been working with P3D.

Better than nothing, though.

Anyone know the limitations?

I think I won't be able to fly as traffic.

Aaron Tirrell

You can fly and record as traffic for formation flight, I just forgot to move my aircraft to a different position for the play as traffic flight so I did not see the traffic because I was right where the traffic was.

One thing, if you get too close to the traffic it starts to stutter, so keep a little bit of distance.

Even though, it is far better than nothing.

Aaron Tirrell

The main limitations, as far as I remember, are the limited recording rate (1/8 instead of 1/32) and the lack of video rendering at a fixed fps.

• Upvote 1

I can finally make smooth and well flown videos from FSRecorder recordings in P3D.

Strange for me, because following the same instructions given on the video, I don't even get the Recorder to show in the Addons menu inside P3D (v3.4). Tried placing the entries in the dll.xml files located first in C:\ProgramData, and after in %AppData%\Roaming... etc., and no success in any case.

Could I be missing something?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

My problem was not getting the path correct, I discovered that you can just go to the modules folder where you put the DLL, left click in the address or path bar, it will be highlighted and lose the arrows between each folder, just copy it and paste it then I was good to go.

Aaron Tirrell