Sign in to follow this  
RW1

P3d Gsync users headsup..

So browsing the Nvidia forums today looking for any fix related to tearing with Gsync with the release of the new 373.06 driver i found this info that will help anyone using the 144hz refresh rate in P3d which will prevent tearing.

Quote "Setting Vsync to "on" in the NVCP, it stops tearing now. Nvidia have changed how Gsync worked by default a few driver versions ago...it used to automatically kick in at all times, so all you had to do was set the game vsync to "off", but now you need to enable Vsync for Gsync both in game and the NVCP for it to work as well, otherwise games will tear."

And i tested it today after a complete driver update using DDU and confirm this is now working again correctly. Sheesh i wish Nvidia would tell us about these changes when they implement them instead of 2 months of end users testing and finding the correct settings.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

tpewpb-6.png

So browsing the Nvidia forums today looking for any fix related to tearing with Gsync with the release of the new 373.06 driver i found this info that will help anyone using the 144hz refresh rate in P3d which will prevent tearing.

Well done Rick - on a whim I installed this new driver and turned on vsync in P3D global settings in NCP and of course I have it on in P3D - very nice even though I dont have a gsync monitor AA looks excellent - gotta luv 4k monitors

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I was going nuts trying to figure this one out.

I hear yah... me too, capped my fps at 30.. unlimited... all the usual tweaks did nothing.. but yeah this seems to have cured it, running 4K, 144 hz and unlimited and 3.4 is smooth as and no tearing now. :smile:

gotta luv 4k monitors

I hear yah brother, i have to wait until after Xmas(Direct orders from my Commander in Chief) for a new 4K monitor, i heard a rumour ASUS are releasing a new G-sync 4k early 2017 so i can ditch the DSR and go hard core 4k.....

tpewpb-6.png

I hear yah brother, i have to wait until after Xmas(Direct orders from my Commander in Chief) for a new 4K monitor, i heard a rumour ASUS are releasing a new G-sync 4k early 2017 so i can ditch the DSR and go hard core 4k.....

You will luv it guaranteed  :wink:

Rich Sennett

So we need to have Gsync and Vsync ON in NCP?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

So we need to have Gsync and Vsync ON in NCP?

Yes that`s correct and also in the Game, tick the vsync box in P3d also.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

I have a weird problem in P3D 3.4

I just fresh installed it on my new system. Tested with no addons and all is good.

But now, if i opne P3D and start a flight FPS are 10-15. If i open another windows, like Task Manager, Chrome etc FPS increase to 60-70 (Aerosoft A320 and LEMG)...If i click in P3D window to use it FPS decrease back to 10-15. Any idea?

EDIT: Solved by a reboot.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Tested the tip by the OP and it works very good. Now i have a pretty smooth 3.4 with payware airport and aircraft. Only see some minor stutters when panning to one side while flying, but i think is impossible to get rid of these in P3D?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Rick,

Sorry but cannot see any tearing with G-Sync on at 144Hz, Vsync off in P3D and NCP.

Nvidia driver 373.06

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I have a weird problem in P3D 3.4

I just fresh installed it on my new system. Tested with no addons and all is good.

But now, if i opne P3D and start a flight FPS are 10-15. If i open another windows, like Task Manager, Chrome etc FPS increase to 60-70 (Aerosoft A320 and LEMG)...If i click in P3D window to use it FPS decrease back to 10-15. Any idea?

EDIT: Solved by a reboot.

Experienced same problem a couple of times since I updated to 3.4

With 373.06 driver problem seems solved, but not sure.

Also in my case, reboot solved the issue.

Never seen such weird behaviour in previous releases of P3D, but again, not sure if related to the sim itself. Any suggestion is very welcome.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Quote "Setting Vsync to "on" in the NVCP, it stops tearing now. Nvidia have changed how Gsync worked by default a few driver versions ago...it used to automatically kick in at all times, so all you had to do was set the game vsync to "off", but now you need to enable Vsync for Gsync both in game and the NVCP for it to work as well, otherwise games will tear."

Ok, that's new. Thanks for the heads-up! Although I do not use G-Sync in P3D (as I am always around 30FPS, but never constantly above 30FPS), this is a good and useful tip for all my other games. Even though on a 144Hz monitor, tearing is extremely unlikely...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I read now through several threads in the Geforce Forums and also asked this in the forum and I can not find it. Where did you get the information, that with the new drivers, you need to activate V-Sync ingame for G-Sync to work?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Guys what AM are you using while using Gsync? Any special setting?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I use AM=85, as I have a 3770K with HT on. But honestly, I do not see how there should be any connection between AM and G-Sync?

Greetings, Chris