Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Need help with configuring TrackIR with EZDok in P3D

I just bought a TrackIR and have been trying to configure it but having a very difficult time getting it setup exactly the way I want. Is there a p3d profile that I can download anywhere and use as a starting point?

I am finding the movements to be a bit too fast and not smooth enough... The deadzone set for the default center view is a bit too much. I want it to move as soon as I move my head away from the center, but there's a short delay before it does that. I want to minimize that deadzone so that it will react to my head movements much quicker... 

I have tried messing with the smoothing settings under EZDok > TrackIR, but that doesn't really make things better... I have my TrackIR sensor mounted to the top of my TV aiming down... I have a 55" TV and I sit about 3ft away from it. Not sure if this will have any affect on as to why I'm not getting the results I want.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

First make sure you have turned off trueview in the trackir software if using Ezdock.

Next just drag the dots on response curve graphs for each axis until you get the movements that suit you.

It's very easy software to work with after a little practice, start with modifying one axis at a time, You will probably find it easier at first if you turn off the roll axis until you get the hang of it.

What does turning off TrueView do? I tried turning this off and on and I can't seem to tell a difference.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When i got TrackIr first i used this Youtub Tutorial to Understand more about it.   Its a couple of years old now and for setting up DCS,  But it shows you all the Workings of it.

I found it helpful anyway 

EDIT

Opps didn't see Glynn's Link  

Thanks for the info! So with TrackIR, whats the ideal zoom level in the virtual cockpit? I am playing at 4K and Have Wide View=TRUE and have my zoom at about 0.59. Now with TrackIR since I can move freely, should my zoom level be 1.0 for more realism?