Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

TileProxy + P3D v3.4.9 still working?

I was testing tileproxy under win 10 x64 redstone with driver signature installations enabled.. i can get it to launch and start downloading tiles in the command window (via run as administrator).. but when i launch the fsx.exe (using estonia to switch to fsx mode first, which i assume is still needed), no land textures show up..

Has anyone had any success with version 3.4.9 or any of the newer 3.x versions of P3D..

Curious.. and thanks for any info.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Made some progress here, but got stalled on one front..

On my laptop i configured everything as a test basis.. I did get tileproxy working.. this all on win 10 x64 redstone.. but.. on my main machine, despite replicating settings.. all i get is proxyuser running with the circles being filled (and files getting written to the cache folders), but the sim never "sees" the photo tiles.. just plain old P3d + GEX etc showing up.. i checked the scenery.cfg, all the tileproxy entries are there (even duplicated from the laptop machine).

I'm not sure if maybe its a tileproxy driver issue or something else.. but the command window seems to show the filter gets accessed when its launched.. no errors..

Unsure why the sim wont display the tiles.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

There is a Tileproxy forum here at Avsim.

Changes are bigger if you ask it there I think.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

There is a Tileproxy forum here at Avsim.

Changes are bigger if you ask it there I think.

Thanks.. i actually fixed it before needing to post over there :)

Solution was something like this:

Had already ran the commands for enabling test mode..

bcdedit /set testsigning on
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Uninstalled TileProxy

Rebooted into the mode disable driver signing (win 10 recovery option)

Attempted to install TileProxy.. received an error that the driver was a signed driver, blocked by windows (despite being in the right windows mode for disabling driver signing)..

Then I ran the commands for enabling test mode again..

I then re-ran setup..

and also ran dseo13b.exe  that has the option of driver signing from within it.

I enabled test mode via this application, then reopened the app and put in c:\windows\system32\drivers\tileproxy.sys and clicked sign driver.

Now i tested P3d running the "fsx.exe" and tiles loaded fine.

Success

Not sure which combination of the above did the trick, but nonetheless it worked.

Thanks.. i actually fixed it before needing to post over there :)

Solution was something like this:

Had already ran the commands for enabling test mode..

bcdedit /set testsigning on
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Uninstalled TileProxy

Rebooted into the mode disable driver signing (win 10 recovery option)

Attempted to install TileProxy.. received an error that the driver was a signed driver, blocked by windows (despite being in the right windows mode for disabling driver signing)..

Then I ran the commands for enabling test mode again..

I then re-ran setup..

and also ran dseo13b.exe  that has the option of driver signing from within it.

I enabled test mode via this application, then reopened the app and put in c:\windows\system32\drivers\tileproxy.sys and clicked sign driver.

Now i tested P3d running the "fsx.exe" and tiles loaded fine.

Success

Not sure which combination of the above did the trick, but nonetheless it worked.

If you somehow figure out which of those helped exactly, please let us know.. I'm exactly where you were on your second post.  I got the circles filling, the cashes building up, i have the entries in the scenery.cfg, yet no tiles show up in sim (running via fsx.exe). I'm in test mode right now. Signed the tileproxy.sys via dseo13b.exe, rebooted, reinstalled tileproxy, rebooted, re-signed, rebooted and re-nothing :D :D 

Turns out to be a great challenge to get it running, after all :) :) Please, share knowledge on the matter if something comes to your mind. 

Best Regards, 

Vic

If you somehow figure out which of those helped exactly, please let us know.. I'm exactly where you were on your second post.  I got the circles filling, the cashes building up, i have the entries in the scenery.cfg, yet no tiles show up in sim (running via fsx.exe). I'm in test mode right now. Signed the tileproxy.sys via dseo13b.exe, rebooted, reinstalled tileproxy, rebooted, re-signed, rebooted and re-nothing :D :D 

Turns out to be a great challenge to get it running, after all :) :) Please, share knowledge on the matter if something comes to your mind. 

Best Regards, 

Vic

I can probably help.. sounds familiar..

Ill ask the obvious question first, just so we know.. when you rebooted, you rebooted into the mode "disable driver signing".. if your in windows 10, found in the "metro" settings, update and security.. recovery..  advanced startup (restart now) etc..

if so.. then the next thing to check to rule all else out.. is to see where you have the scenery for tileproxy in the scenery file.

If you use sceneryconfigeditor it makes this all easier..

Do you run FTX regions?  I did, and i didnt get tileproxy tiles till i did this, though i'm still experimenting.

I always believed the order should be:

Airports/addons

Tileproxy world 

Megascenery Earth/other photoscenery

UTX folders

Normal FSX entries

Default scenery

Default terrain

However.. this worked when i had ftx disabled or not in use.. soon as i loaded up PNW or similar, i didnt get tiles on the ground, just normal ftx..

So i plopped all the tileproxy lines, all 92 or however many to the very top, using the set priority 1 option in the editor tool.. launched proxyuser.exe as admin and then launched fsx as admin.. ftx region success..

There is probably a better way to order this, maybe airports for ftx first, then TP, then ftx regions, but i havent toyed with it just yet.

If none of this helps, we may need to revisit the order of things from the ground up, including another round of uninstalling and reinstalling, which worked for me :)

Mark

I can probably help.. sounds familiar..

Ill ask the obvious question first, just so we know.. when you rebooted, you rebooted into the mode "disable driver signing".. if your in windows 10, found in the "metro" settings, update and security.. recovery..  advanced startup (restart now) etc..

if so.. then the next thing to check to rule all else out.. is to see where you have the scenery for tileproxy in the scenery file.

If you use sceneryconfigeditor it makes this all easier..

Do you run FTX regions?  I did, and i didnt get tileproxy tiles till i did this, though i'm still experimenting.

I always believed the order should be:

Airports/addons

Tileproxy world 

Megascenery Earth/other photoscenery

UTX folders

Normal FSX entries

Default scenery

Default terrain

However.. this worked when i had ftx disabled or not in use.. soon as i loaded up PNW or similar, i didnt get tiles on the ground, just normal ftx..

So i plopped all the tileproxy lines, all 92 or however many to the very top, using the set priority 1 option in the editor tool.. launched proxyuser.exe as admin and then launched fsx as admin.. ftx region success..

There is probably a better way to order this, maybe airports for ftx first, then TP, then ftx regions, but i havent toyed with it just yet.

If none of this helps, we may need to revisit the order of things from the ground up, including another round of uninstalling and reinstalling, which worked for me :)

Mark

Thank you very much for your response. I use WIN7x64 but i don't see any difference with the test/ recovery modes. The only thing i haven't tried yet is the FTX. However, i don't have any regions. I own only Glabal, LC and Vectors. My entries for tile proxy (LOD08 being the primary (bottom)) laid lower than every FTX product i have. I put them right above the default base regions. What do you mean by "disabling ftx"? I don't have such option in the FTX configurator. Maybe disabling everything FTX related in the scenery config? I will experiment with FTX for sure and will report back. I will also try your scenery order, as this one differs as well. Again, thank you so much for helping me.

I'll report back, 

Best Regards, 

Vic

Thank you very much for your response. I use WIN7x64 but i don't see any difference with the test/ recovery modes. The only thing i haven't tried yet is the FTX. However, i don't have any regions. I own only Glabal, LC and Vectors. My entries for tile proxy (LOD08 being the primary (bottom)) laid lower than every FTX product i have. I put them right above the default base regions. What do you mean by "disabling ftx"? I don't have such option in the FTX configurator. Maybe disabling everything FTX related in the scenery config? I will experiment with FTX for sure and will report back. I will also try your scenery order, as this one differs as well. Again, thank you so much for helping me.

I'll report back, 

Best Regards, 

Vic

By disabling, i mainly meant that i use sceneryconfigeditor and i would disable ftx, using the grouping features.. 

The real issue sounds like your tp entries placement.. they need to be at the top.. top priority.. that lod8 is down near the bottom of all the TP entries though, so thats right.

If you dont disable driver signing at startup of windows 7 this will never work (95% sure).. it will look like it should be working but never truly work, has been my experience.  I think with win 7 you can just tap f8 at startup to get to the windows menu to do the disable driver signing option.

Then make sure the TP entries are at the top (priority 1 through 95 say).. and try again and report back any success..

Hope this makes sense or helps.

I can provide some screenshots if anything is unclear.

Hi,

I can't get it working... Apparently I have missed something but I'm not able to figure this thing out. The problem is that FSX.exe doesn't start if the Proxyuser.exe is running. If I close the ProxyUser.exe and reopen FSX.exe, then the simulator loads just fine.

If I run regular Prepar3D.exe, the sim opens, TileProxy detects the sim running, it downloads and fills the DOS circles up but there is default scenery instead of TP tiles.

I won't use app which is named Estonia Migration Tool since it's payware.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

SIM: Prepar3D 3.3.5

EDIT:

Out of desperation I attempted replacing my ProxyUser.ini with the one found in this tutorial: http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=58854 and  mysteriously it caused FSX.exe to load! So TP works now, my case solved.