Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Want to get 737-800/900: PMDG or should I wait?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello all http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/a...-smiley-030.gifI'd really like to get a payware 737-800/900. I have seen the PMDG one and it looks good (already have their 6/700) but I thought Id check with all of you in case I was unaware of another company developing the 800/900. I do not want to purchase the PMDG model and find out tomorrow that another outfit was going to release the same models but using the latest software etc http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/...-smiley-016.gifI enjoy flying my PMDG 737-6/700 but find the visual model a wee bit lacking and thats whats holding me back from dropping $$ on their 8/900 http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/shrug.gifOf course if no-one else is designing one I will get it! Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/smile1.gif

HIit is indeed the best 737NG out there. There are hundreds of improvements over the -700 and -600 with the -800. Also adds a better looking panel ect.I find the visual model is much more improved, but i am sure some die-hard buffs may find a missing window or something. Personally i dont care as it looks like a 737 to me.It will be a long time a better NG comes out so you might as well go for it, considereng we dont know if it will work with fs10 or not.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for your input flyerboy. I have decided to get it :) Its only like

Nevin, I just upgraded to the 800/900 last week and I have to say "Wow". Get it! I thought that the upgrade didn't really justify the price and I thought that would get "only" two new 737 variants, but I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the 600/700 series gets an overhaul as well.I actually got a little bit angry with PMDG, because had I known about all the new features and textures, I'd have bought it right away. Their website is really a little unclear what exactly gets updated with 800/900. It is like a new plane!!Get it, it is a total no-brainer...Hope this helps,Pat

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello aerdtI just got it ! (Dont ya love pay-day!) You are right...its wicked! BTW I did'nt know the 6/700 got an overhaul as well, thats real neat! Now to get all those repaints, nice way to while away a Sat afternoon!:)

There is also the Ariane model. I have their BBJ and it's a very nice aircraft, but VERY heavy on my hardware which sadly leads to choppy flying on takeoff and landing.Not everything is perfect with it, as some functions are missing just as some functions (but other ones) are missing in the PMDG bird.If someone were to combine the performance of the PMDG 737 with the panel of the Ariane one...

I am VERY tempted to try the Ariane 737NG, but the high price tag and the lack of liveries is really the only reason for my hesitation. I really don't want to spend more than $50 for any add-on and $80 is pushing it too hard for me. If Ariane ever decides to discount the prize, I would be in.I have been also thinking to take the plunge and get their lower-priced 735 Hi-Def, but in the wake of the FeelThere release, I am holding off that one as well.Pat