Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Airport information

Dave,

Where does P2A get the information for radio frequencies? I was trying to do a flight tonight from CYEG but there was no information for Edmonton. There were frequencies for another airport in the area. It's odd that there wouldn't be any info for an international airport. Also, the winds were 110@10. I requested runway 12 but ground insisted that I use runway 30. I am using AS16 for weather. Normally, P2A is very good about assigning the correct runway.

NAX669.png

Unfortunately, the frequency data is from original FSX data, so it is not totally accurate and complete.  I too am surprised that Edmonton doesn't have any frequencies, but you are correct.  I am working on the ability to update frequency/controller data, so in the near future there will be a fix.

As for runway assignment, it is normally based on winds.  The exceptions are:

1) if you have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" checked and you request a  "...Taxi to Runway xx"  you will be assigned that runway.(Good work around for your situation.

2) The SIM is using a different runway and the information is available to Pilot2ATC at time of Runway assignment.  This usually means that there is plenty of AI Traffic at the airport and some of the aircraft are already taxiing out or landing.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, thanks for the response. It is odd that there would be no info for a major airport. Looking forward to the next update.

NAX669.png