Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

PTA Is Amazing!

3rd to last screenshot in the soup was very cool  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I've yet to come aboard the PTA boat. One thing I'm afraid of is messing with my shaders folder. Since I have P3D working perfectly for me. I would love to give this a try, but afraid that messing with the shaders folder will somehow screw up something for me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I've yet to come aboard the PTA boat. One thing I'm afraid of is messing with my shaders folder. Since I have P3D working perfectly for me. I would love to give this a try, but afraid that messing with the shaders folder will somehow screw up something for me.

Yeah.. .I was a little skeptical but PTA does actually backup everything and restores it just fine.  FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.    You shouldn't mess anything up.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It's like posting baby photos!  I can't stop!  Last batch!    I use SimStarter NG to start my sim and I have two profiles, one for Autogen, one for Photoreal.   Interestingly enough, I managed a 2 and half hour flight with 50% AI traffic from FSDT's KMEM-Memphis to a nice freeware version of KBWI.    I had MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Tennesse, Kentucky, West Virgina, Virgina, Maryland and Ultra-Res Cities Baltimore all loaded.   I even had 10% car traffic turned on.     Made it all the way with 50 megs of VAS to spare.. .which is TERRIBLE.   In 3.2 I would have had a good 400-500 megs left with all that Photoreal scenery loaded.  But... at least I made it.     I kind of prefer Photoreal flying anyway as I am a strictly a Tube Liner pilot and not a bush pilot.  I don't care about fake buildings and trees all in the wrong place.  I prefer the accuracy of Photoreal showing me exactly where everything is located in the real world.

PTA-10.png

PTA-11.png

PTA-12.png

PTA-13.png

PTA-14.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Brian....sorry, my brother.  Your screenshots still look washed out and devoid of color.

IMO it's because of HDR - it's not as amazing as your eye. The darks are too dark and the lights are too washed out. That's why I can't get onboard with it in P3D.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

P3D is not void of color thats for sure - I believe its his choice of Reshader presets and he prefers this look - all subjective I guess 

Rich Sennett

Where may I get this livery please?

PTA-09.png

And this one

PTA-10.png

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The links to them can be found on my YouTube channel.   It's in my signature below.   Just go to the Videos tab and hunt down the promo videos for each livery and you will find a link in the description.   I have done the two you have here plus one for Frozen and The Little Mermaid.   Working on one for Lilo and Stitch next.  :)   Enjoy!  Hope you like them!   PMDG 737NGX required.

Where may I get this livery please?

PTA-09.png

And this one

PTA-10.png

100454.png

Brian Navy

Neither of the two I asked for are there

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Brian....sorry, my brother.  Your screenshots still look washed out and devoid of color.

I sat back and anaylzed and agree.  Too dark.   I just tinkered around for about an hour now out at KSEA on a mostly clear 10am morning.     I think this looks much better.    Better?  Worse?   I can actually see the cockpit surface now.  It's grey again like it should be instead of black.   Also while the sim was running a lot of great AI planes were driving around and one of my favorite came out from the ramp to taxi for take off so I had to capture him.     You get to see the light from the dark side of the plane and the lit side of the plane too.

PTA-15.png

PTA-16.png

PTA-17.png

PTA-18.png

Neither of the two I asked for are there

NEMO - 

POCAONE - 

100454.png

Brian Navy

Off or on, no difference that I can see.  I do fly with it off to give those extra CPU cycles over to AI air traffic instead.   AI air traffic is obviously eating up some of the VAS but even with AI traffic off the VAS is unacceptable compared to my previous version of P3D and it is undeniably bleeding out to OOM doom.

A few more shots I did to see how the system is performing in bad weather/overcast.  This was historical weather from yesterday as it was raining cats and dogs all morning.   I was impressed.    This also shows how my HDR/PTA/ReShade settings interact with overcast.

HDR settings are (from top to bottom);  1.1, .8 and 1.0   Pretty much almost default.

Also, the latest version of ReShade 3.0 is what I am using and works great.  The nice thing about ReShade over PTA is ReShade allows you adjust your shaders in real time so you can see the results in the simulator.  PTA does not.  You have to set, apply and restart the sim.   I use both together (yes, I am aware PTA has some of the same shaders as ReShade but again, No real time interface with the sim).

PTA-07.png

Great shots Brian!

But....uhhhh...is Dorey flying this leg and she forgot which Dallas airport she's supposed to be at?   :Big Grin:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great shots Brian!
But....uhhhh...is Dorey flying this leg and she forgot which Dallas airport she's supposed to be at?  

lol!   Well if I was done with my payware KDAL or there was one out on the market that didn't outright suck I would have done my testing over there but alas.... but KDFW is a great test bed to get my frames locked in to a good rate because of the size of KDFW.   I can see how much AI my rig can handle before things get slow and ugly.   Dorey may also have been drunk too and got lost.. I mean it is pretty foggy out there right?  :)

100454.png

Brian Navy

Lowi looking real picturess with your PTA and reshade Settings !!!!!!

Really wanted to say a big  thanks for posting your settings !!!!!

lowi.jpg