Sign in to follow this  
Hanul_Kim

Prepar3D not running on Windows 10

I reinstall my windows 10 today.

after P3D install and start it, loading is complete well but there is no windows showing.

I check the process manager, P3D running as background process not a application.

I using lastest Nvidia Graphic driver. rebulid P3D.cfg, run as administator. but still no windows showing.

any suggestions on my problem?

Hanul Kim, Korean Air Virtual

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What happens if you run P3D and then hit Alt-Enter when it has loaded?

Hi Hanul,

I had the same problem after installing Win10 Anniversary update.

I uninstalled it and the sim was back.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I repair my problem via reinstall Windows 10. former windows has corrupted when Install.

Thanks guys.

Hanul Kim, Korean Air Virtual

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you can get into settings, make sure water slider is not on Ultra.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Last night's Win10 Update,

gBEWiYk.jpg

Now loading P3dv3.4

I get rfq4xpp.jpg

Researched both Dlls and they both have to do with LACK of certain Media features which normally come with regular Win 10 Pro.

The Media Feature Pack for is required N versions of Windows 7,8,8.1 and Win10... yeah I know, I screwed up by downloading the "N" version in the first place.

In previous updates, I would download Media Feature Pack, and everything functioned fine with Win 10 1511...not this upgrade....Not only is P3d screwed, but, MovieMaker as well.

The media download after the above update.. won't

Further, there seems to be a growing stir about problems with the .222 Update either not working, installing, or once installed giving the problems cited here?

Anyone else?

I ADVISE PREVENTING THE NEXT INSTALL IF YOU ARE STILL ON 1511, until things are sorted...it appears to NOT be exclusive to Win 10 "N".

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Anything after a locked down 1151 is a joke - next install for me its back to 1151 for a long time - not sure whos running the show at MS these days - not good 

Rich Sennett

Hi Hanul,

I had the same problem after installing Win10 Anniversary update.

I uninstalled it and the sim was back.

Hope it helps.

You mean you rolled back the to the last Win 1511 install OR

... did a complete re-install of Win 10?

Thanks,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

re

You mean you rolled back the to the last Win 1511 install OR

... did a complete re-install of Win 10?

Thanks,

Chas

Restored back to 1511....flying now...YAYYYYYYYYY

Chas

Or go back to Win7.

I noticed after the update i couldn't stop defender running on startup. I hate these kind of things where MS assumes we are complete idiots and need everything done automatically for us.

I'm back on WIn7. Its just familiar and more simple for me to use.

Are the updates for win10 still automatic or can they be turned off?

• Upvote 1

re

Restored back to 1511....flying now...YAYYYYYYYYY

Chas

Good practice lol   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Or go back to Win7.

I noticed after the update i couldn't stop defender running on startup. I hate these kind of things where MS assumes we are complete idiots and need everything done automatically for us.

Are the updates for win10 still automatic or can they be turned off?

1. What antivirus are you now using?

2.yes you can keep windows 10 from upgrading by deferring upgrade/update.

Chas

How long can you defer the update ?

Will it be forced after the deferral.

And why does MS do this - why can' we have a choice of sorts.

Update ruined all my settings for usb joystick etc - after updates_ messing about for drivers and googling this and that for answers.

Denis Brown

I hate these kind of things where MS assumes we are complete idiots and need everything done automatically for us.

For 95% of the people Microsofts assumption is right :D

But yeah, you are right...

I am on the newest Win updates and have 3.4.9 running. I have no issues at the moment.

How long can you defer the update ?

Will it be forced after the deferral.

And why does MS do this - why can' we have a choice of sorts.

Update ruined all my settings for usb joystick etc - after updates_ messing about for drivers and googling this and that for answers.

Denis Brown

According to the MS support site:

Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.

So you still get essential security updates which can't be deferred. Remember that you can opt not to have any driver updates at all which removes a big source of potential problems. It's also possible to stop the update service and prevent updates completely. However, if at some point in the future there is a major update which you want, you will have to install all of the updates up to that point first so you might as well do it in a slow, controlled way.  There is always the option to uninstall an update which causes problems so it's not as bad as it seems. Apart from drivers, I have installed all of the available updates, including the Anniversary Update, and have had no issues. As I've said in other posts, I'm convinced that many problems users experience in Windows 10 stem from having upgraded the OS from an earlier version. Clean installs seem to generate far fewer problems.

Whilst problems undoubtedly sometimes follow an update, they often tend to be caused by clashes with third-party software or drivers rather than being solely the fault of MS or everyone would experience the same problems and this is rarely the case. There are so many possible combinations of software and hardware that there's always likely to be someone who's affected by an update.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit