Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Ask Austin. At least fog was improved and am curious about the environment reflections. UI should have had a lower priority to weather. But step after step, I remember

to have uninstalled xplane 7 to make room for Fly! 2 and got back with 8 as for Linux support. Maybe weather comes with 11.1 or so.

Slightly disappointed about them not updating the weather engine, but I'm psyched about everything else.  Looking forward to hearing the rest of the features in the coming weeks. And hopefully they'll update the weather engine sometime in the v11 run, or at least give 3rd party devs more access.

• Upvote 3

What happens to the current update of XP10 ? does it mean that the X10 update cycle is over ? 

Honestly that weather thing was really needed , but who knows they may release a document for 3rd party devs, I can do without seasons but not a good weather (visuals) . Never felt the UI to be more important than the weather system.

I hope they at least give a new screeching sound

But still more info will be released is my guess and then we shall know what it will be like. Really don't want to go back to MSFS based flight sim.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What happens to the current update of XP10 ? does it mean that the X10 update cycle is over ?

Like version 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 e.g. before version 11 ??

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

So what does DAYTIME look like in X-Plane 11?

After the personal expectations debacle that was X-Plane 10 for me, I'm going to try to check any and all enthusiasm for X-Plane 11 until the product demo gets into my hands.  I got quite caught up in the XP10 "Simulator You've Been Waiting For" mantra and for all the advertised features, and this MSFS/P3D user had a very difficult time accepting some of the tradeoffs that the use of X-Plane requires.

I'm positive XP11 will be a welcome update to most dedicated XP10 users, but I'm not sold on this being "the upgrade you've been hoping for."

We'll see...

• Upvote 3

Like version 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 e.g. before version 11 ??

I guess 10.90 or some.

I guess 10.90 or some.

Right.

My thought was there would be more versions updates after XP10.5 before XP11

Best Regards,

Right.

My thought was there would be more versions updates after XP10.5 before XP11

That's good and they may start pushing them quickly.

Let's see how XP11 goes , will wait till Jan-Feb b4 purchase. or maybe even at a later date.

Do they have that new engine they were talking about ?

If x-plane 11 at least doesn't allow 3rd party weather addons to come somewhat close to what ASN does with FSX.... I will keep FSX as my main sim platform for now.

Let's see how XP11 goes , will wait till Jan-Feb b4 purchase. or maybe even at a later date.

I know what you mean!

Not to mention already purchased XP10 aircraft, Weather program, etc that may require $$ updates for XP11.

Best Regards,

Not to mention already purchased XP10 aircraft

As has been repeated several times at several places by now, aircraft and scenery will work in X-Plane 11. Has been the same with XP 9 and 10.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

How about the airports? It will have default buildings like fsx or prepar3d or they will be flat terrains with runways and we will have to download sceneries?

How about the airports? It will have default buildings like fsx or prepar3d or they will be flat terrains with runways and we will have to download sceneries?

The same as with X-Plane 10 -- at the moment, on more 3700 airports you have buildings by default. These have been created by (crowd-sourced to) the community for the scenery gateway, others might follow if users create and submit any.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir