Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Woohoo! I saw the announcement on their Facebook page (about X-Plane 11). We've been anticipating this since the FlightSimCon2016 show a few months ago.

***I saw on their website that if people buy the Digital copy of XP10 now, they will receive a free XP11 product key.

With that said, for any of us who have had XP10 since its early days on DVD, will there also be a discount? It doesn't matter too much to may (I am happy to support Laminar Research), but I can certainly foresee this being a common question to come for other people in the community.

Looking forward to XP11! Here we go! :smile: :wink: :dance:

While I am still a Prepar3d major and will certainly remain one, I can't say I have real difficulties with the XP UI either. I even think controls calibration is better managed than in Prepar3d/FSX. However, the look and feel has a late 90-ies touch reminding of Turbo Pascal time making young simmers (are there any?) certainly laugh.

Thus I think it's a good move to polish it, while other points certainly require rework. I read airports will get life (I guess something like GSX?) ... any comments on AI?

Kind regards, Michael

Yes the UI does look outdated but it's quite functional and a new UI is not anything I am against , what I felt was they could have done some changes to the weather system or make a documentation so that 3rd parties could benefit from that and make it more plausible than it is currently.

AI no idea about that.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Nice announcement, X-Plane 11 is going to blow the competition out of the water when it comes to night-time flying... But damn it, no weather updates?

I feel somewhat disappointed - it's going to be $69 for a (figurative) coat of paint on the default planes and the menus?

I'm quite positive Laminar devs follow these forums, they must've known that we users have griped about the weather depiction for the longest, not to mention ATC...

Sigh. We shall see how this develops. For now, I shall see XP10 till mid-2017 at least.

• Upvote 3

I really hope they improve the ground textures and sunrise/ sunsets.  I am looking forward to X-Plane 11!

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Did anyone else notice that the new lighting engine seems to have the added benefit hat the world isn't dull anymore? have a look the the screenshots at http://www.x-plane.com/aircraft/cessna-172sp/. I already noticed this in the in the video from FlightSimCon 2016. have a look at the scenery at 13:47 in the video FlightSimCon 2016 where they show old and new rendering in comparison.

The new GPS / FMS sounds fantastic!

Having the ability to update navdata is a huge help for online flyers like myself

Hopefully they address the fly by vs fly over fixes though. Has anyone noticed this issue or is it because I only use Navigraph?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can someone confirm seasons will be added?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

About PBR, can we "place" them on the scenery as well or is it just aircraft (just want to make sure since they are only showing the aircrafts in the video)?

Yes, it's for the entire system.

Can someone confirm seasons will be added?

No, they are not being added.

About PBR, can we "place" them on the scenery as well or is it just aircraft (just want to make sure since they are only showing the aircrafts in the video)?

My understanding is that it effects everything. Aircraft, buildings, runways, etc.

My understanding is that it effects everything. Aircraft, buildings, runways, etc.

I understood it as the implementation is for planes only but PBR can effect all those things, they just chose not to due to performance concerns. Maybe it'll be an option.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Some pictures (I have a huge amount of videos and pics, but the hotel internet is slow)

The GPS with SIDs and STARs
IMG_20161008_113152.jpg

European autogen and roads
IMG_20161008_113754.jpg

IMG_20161008_113755.jpg

IMG_20161008_113818.jpg

Another really great feature is the ability to undock windows and move them to other screens, so you can undock the GPS and move it to a second monitor

IMG_20161008_113812.jpg

Innsbruck in the default scenery

IMG_20161008_113931.jpg

Bring it on....
IMG_20161008_114005.jpg
Autogenerated ground traffic, I really liked this feature
IMG_20161008_114344.jpg
  • Upvote 1

PBR really brings the aircraft to life

IMG_20161008_114953.jpg

IMG_20161008_115109.jpg
IMG_20161008_115114.jpg

Why????  Why no seasons???  :fool:

Austin mentioned that they didn't want to go down the FSX approach of using texture changes, but rather shaders. He was excitable and enthusiastic about it, but didn't give any time frames. But they won't be in XP 11.00

Having the ability to update navdata is a huge help for online flyers like myself

Ryan, do you happen to know if this be possible with Navigraph?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I hope somebody post a video on youtube !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar