Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

The guy sat next to me did a full video looking straight on, it will be up shortly.

The guy sat next to me did a full video looking straight on, it will be up shortly.

There is already (if this is what you mean):

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Ryan, do you happen to know if this be possible with Navigraph?

X-Plane 10 navdata (also for it's built-in GPS) is already updatable (Navigraph / Aerosoft).

Regards,

Radek

There is already (if this is what you mean):

At the beginning Austin says that 10.50 is in Release Candidate status. Wasn't 10.50 already fully released? Or was the update through steam only a preliminary release candidate? 

At the beginning Austin says that 10.50 is in Release Candidate status. Wasn't 10.50 already fully released?

I wondered about that one, too, and was first thinking that this video is old... actually X-Plane 10.51 is in RC.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

So looks like X-Plane 11 will have an improved PT-6 engine model.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

All of you guys here getting angry that features are missing here is my small opinion. Better weather and seasons will get implemented down the line of the X-11 production. This is not FSX. X is regularly updated and improved.

EDIT: Tony was anyone recording at the presentation? I would really like to watch the whole presentation.

• Upvote 5

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Well, like I suspect many other current X-Plane pilots, I'm very disappointed to see no fundamental change to the weather engine. C'mon Austin, you know this is important! There is no excuse for a weather upgrade languishing this long in the dev cycle, and instead pushing mainly eye candy in this new version. We don't buy sims like this just for eye candy.

It's also very disappointing to see no seasonal terrain. How hard can that be? FS did it years ago. I'm tired of flying over the upper Pacific Northwest and Alaska and having it always look like summer. 

The lack of any major ATC improvements won't help with FSX/P3D migration, but as a "sim bush pilot" I actually don't care about this myself.

I'll buy it anyway, of course. But this is an underwhelming announcement. 

• Upvote 8

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

EDIT: Tony was anyone recording at the presentation? I would really like to watch the whole presentation.

Yes, there was a camera on a tripod on the seat next to me. This isn't the video because the video I saw was head on. It will be up at some point, but I have no idea when. There were actually a lot of people filming and taking photographs, I was just surprised to see LR didn't actually record it theirselves

• Upvote 1

All of you guys here getting angry that features are missing here is my small opinion. Better weather and seasons will get implemented down the line of the X-11 production. This is not FSX. X is regularly updated and improved.

Sure Denco, but our time and money is also not limited :P And seasons is something that the flight sim series has for what, more than 15 years. The weather engine is also one of those things on which X-Plane is not on par with the other sim

• Upvote 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I understood it as the implementation is for planes only but PBR can effect all those things, they just chose not to due to performance concerns. Maybe it'll be an option.

WRONG: PBR is the abbreviation of "physics based rendering" and is a different - more modern - way of handling the entire light physics (and atmosphere etc.) in the rendering engine. And as such, it effects the look of everything in the simulator and should result in much better looking "everything" out of the box (even the same landscape scenery should look much better :smile: ).

• Upvote 1

WRONG: PBR is the abbreviation of "physics based rendering" and is a different - more modern - way of handling the entire light physics (and atmosphere etc.) in the rendering engine. And as such, it effects the look of everything in the simulator and should result in much better looking "everything" out of the box (even the same landscape scenery should look much better :smile: ).

Wrong what? Nothing I said was wrong. I know what PBR is but that doesn't mean you have to enable it on everything, they even said so themselves. They clearly stated it won't effect everything. PBR can easily be enabled on certain materials, objects or under certain situations. It's not an on / off switch where you either have it everywhere or you don't.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

So what does DAYTIME look like in X-Plane 11?

After the personal expectations debacle that was X-Plane 10 for me, I'm going to try to check any and all enthusiasm for X-Plane 11 until the product demo gets into my hands.  I got quite caught up in the XP10 "Simulator You've Been Waiting For" mantra and for all the advertised features, and this MSFS/P3D user had a very difficult time accepting some of the tradeoffs that the use of X-Plane requires.

I'm positive XP11 will be a welcome update to most dedicated XP10 users, but I'm not sold on this being "the upgrade you've been hoping for."

We'll see...

I believe we will get the same daytime and Moon phase and ephemeris inaccuracies ... I'm used to that already...

Tony, don't you remember at least something of what Austin described to be the updates to the flight model ?

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...