Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Enough to keep me with XP :

Dawn / Dusk / Night

Excellent HD + UHD Meshes

Wonders of W2XP (can hover right over my house)

The most stable simulator platform for me and  64 bit

Great Freeware addons and pretty cool plugins.

The best bush flying and Heli simulation (DCS is a bit better in Helis ) experience and the feeling has been awesome after extending my stick length.

At least these are enough to keep me occupied with Xplane. There are could be more reasons.

I can't even imagine what it would feel like bush flying and heli flying using the new graphics stuff in XP11. 

The feel going over cities with high rises in a heli is pretty cool

Forgot to mention the update cycle which is good.

And all these at what cost ? simply nothing.

• Upvote 5

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Zulfi is right!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi,

I have to say I really like what I saw from XP11 so far.

I also was surprised that XP11 comes out this year, but thinking about it, this makes sense.

XP10's run has been 5 years now. XP9's run was only 2 1/2  - 3 years if I remember correctly.

So I guess X-Plane needs some funding again, no matter what the new features are.

There are more people involved in the development now and Austin still has to fight the patent troll law suit with no end in sight.

Out of the box XP has the best flight model (to me) and I love PlaneMaker, no other sim can give me that functionality.

I will gladly support X-Plane.

• Upvote 5

Even thought there are some welcomed improvements in the new version, they are not enough to persuade me to pay an upgrade price. Those who do, enjoy!

I guess you haven't used P3D?....the sim that keeps on taking but not giving....

• Upvote 4

I guess you haven't used P3D?....the sim that keeps on taking but not giving....

That's affirmative! Tried it. Hated it!

I'm sticking with FSX.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

lol.......

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Rumour has it that we are also going to get a G1000

To be more prcise: an improved G-1000. In a way there already was an instrument  that was meant to be something like a G-1000. The big question is: What can it do and how are the APIs to harvest such foundations in other payware planes.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Every time MS used to come out with a new MSFS I got pretty excited. Now I'm getting that same excitement with the XP11 announcement!

• Upvote 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sounds very good and i am really excited. Only downside, as pointed out by many others to is indeed weather and seasons, but otherwise this new X-Plane release looks superb!

:smile:

• Upvote 1

Sounds very good and i am really excited. Only downside, as pointed out by many others to is indeed weather and seasons, but otherwise this new X-Plane release looks superb!

:smile:

Listen to the Q&A session after the presentation: I wouldn't be too negative about it.

What I understand is: The developers are aware of the "demand" in this regards and talk about their plans ("...see how snow builds up..."). It is clear, however, that better weather and seasons will not make it into 11.0 but both topics are on their agenda.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Listen to the Q&A session after the presentation: I wouldn't be too negative about it.

+1

This Q&A session is *almost* more interesing than the presentation :-)

This session shows that Austin is aware of all this... and want to improve things... and when Austin want...

He often says 'not in 11.0' (if I understand well.. I'm not native english speaker).... note the 0... Be positive and remember there will be 11.10, 11.20, etc for free.

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Here is the part of the Q&A regarding seasons and weather, so anyone could hear it by himself. The underline is that Laminar want to do it the right way, dynamically aas in real life. In XP11 run. Even Austin says that the weather rendering now is 6.5 out of 10.

So, they are aware, they are putting in the base, although it will not be in 11.00. X-Plane was, is, and will be a continues developed product. It is not one-off. If you want to wait to buy it until you'll see those features, that's fine. From any other aspect, XP11 is going to be leaps ahead of we all know today.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/pPyydyyu3zE?t=1h18m58s

• Upvote 1

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

Well.. Sure I expected more (weather/seasons etc) but I am really glad the release is so soon! Buying it obviously is a no brainer as updates are free and most of the time come with rather good things! I haven't really followed the modes of purchasing XP11. Can it be bought digitally? I have come to hate having to buy boxed products (not to mention the insane annoyance of having to have a F#&(/ing CD in the computer to start the program). 

I am actually quite pumped about this!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Well.. Sure I expected more (weather/seasons etc) but I am really glad the release is so soon! Buying it obviously is a no brainer as updates are free and most of the time come with rather good things! I haven't really followed the modes of purchasing XP11. Can it be bought digitally? I have come to hate having to buy boxed products (not to mention the insane annoyance of having to have a F#&(/ing CD in the computer to start the program). 

I am actually quite pumped about this!

Yes, from X-Plane.com website, as soon as it will be released.

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png