Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Xplane 11 beta could load 4 core but not 8 core at this stage as per this vid

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

For lack of big P3D releases before the end of the year, I think I'm finally gonna hop in X-plane. If for no other reason than the fact that there's a maddog. And some cool payware that P3D doesn't have, e.g. 757/767.

You won't regret it.The version 10, has a steep learning curve with menus, but XP11 should be a lot easier.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

For lack of big P3D releases before the end of the year, I think I'm finally gonna hop in X-plane. If for no other reason than the fact that there's a maddog. And some cool payware that P3D doesn't have, e.g. 757/767.

We will have two Maddogs here soon. Love the Rotate, but I am curious about how this new one will stack up(Looks pretty amazing though).

Its now mid November and still no official release date?

Pervious releases didn't have exact release dates announced either. But the past is any guide, you should expect it to be released after Thanksgiving weekend.

It also looked like over the last year to year-and-a-half that some of the popular scenery developers started porting their products to XP. Do we know yet if scenery that's compatible with XP10 will work on 11?

For lack of big P3D releases before the end of the year, ...

Sure?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

We will have two Maddogs here soon. Love the Rotate, but I am curious about how this new one will stack up(Looks pretty amazing though).

This MD looks great! and this video shows also some interesting aircrafts being developed for XP10/11, including the MD

• Upvote 2

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

If LM don't release any information regarding a 64 bit completely new platform in the next few months then it looks like P3D will be a constant yearly money spinner with only a few additions to make life easier for the simmer. It is based off of a 10 year platform and is outdated regardless of how many updates they do, how many developers out there that change it and how "awesome" people feel it looks. 

You won't regret your purchase of X-Plane! It will take a bit of getting used to, but once you are all set-up then you will have the time of your life! Don't pass on PMDG's DC-6 (masterpiece) and IXEG's 733 (another masterpiece)! 

Pervious releases didn't have exact release dates announced either. But the past is any guide, you should expect it to be released after Thanksgiving weekend.

Thats great, thank you! 

It also looked like over the last year to year-and-a-half that some of the popular scenery developers started porting their products to XP. Do we know yet if scenery that's compatible with XP10 will work on 11?

I am sure scenery from XP-10 will work with 11, its pretty much the same platform but with a lot of performance updates, and a ton of great new features being brought to the table! I am expecting sceneries to work from day one and I am sure aircraft will do too. 

If LM don't release any information regarding a 64 bit completely new platform in the next few months then it looks like P3D will be a constant yearly money spinner with only a few additions to make life easier for the simmer. It is based off of a 10 year platform and is outdated regardless of how many updates they do, how many developers out there that change it and how "awesome" people feel it looks. 

You won't regret your purchase of X-Plane! It will take a bit of getting used to, but once you are all set-up then you will have the time of your life! Don't pass on PMDG's DC-6 (masterpiece) and IXEG's 733 (another masterpiece)! 

Thats great, thank you! 

I am sure scenery from XP-10 will work with 11, its pretty much the same platform but with a lot of performance updates, and a ton of great new features being brought to the table! I am expecting sceneries to work from day one and I am sure aircraft will do too. 

Agreed on all fronts. Lots of tweaking with the recent shaders utilities and ReShade finally got it looking great but there are still some serious limitations. And I have downloaded the XP demo several times and enjoyed it immensely. Gripes about the UI were overblown in IMO if you'd simply play with it for a couple of minutes. Not sure why I never bought XP10 but it'll be moot here in a week or so.

Sure?

Kind regards, Michael

Yes. Don't want to go OT but aside from LOWI and a 717, I think most big things have been pushed to next year.

That doesn't mean much. Could be the i7 doesn't need to work as hard in the same situation.

I think you mean this video :-) :

Xplane 11 beta could load 4 core but not 8 core at this stage as per this vid

@at pilot83 - I think this doesn´t mean that your 8 core CPU isn´t used, rather that this CPU is not "necessary" for XP11 ! I have an I7 6850k @4.4 Ghz and a very smooth experience with XP10 without all cores maxed out !

BR

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I would expect almost all current scenery add-ons (airports) in XP10 to work fine.

There may be a few glitches here and there, if roads have been updated with newer OSM data reflecting new construction that doesn't match roads around older airport scenery add-ons. Or maybe changes in landclass data that can sometimes put trees on the runway in small airports. But those should be isolated cases. I imagine that any major XP10 airport add-should be okay.

Of course you'll want newer 3rd party airport versions for the "living airport" stuff with pathways for the moving service vehicles. I don't think any of that is retrofitted automatically to older add-on airports. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor