Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Yeah, I left out the RC phase. 

I guess what I'm pushing back against here, is the idea that the first release of X-Plane 11 will somehow still be in a beta phase. As if it's going to be unpolished and not ready in some sense.

Sure, there will be things that need fixing or improvement over time, but it shouldn't be a rough as the word Beta traditionally meant in software development. Version 11 is building on a stable code base, something that doesn't happen with every software product, especially AAA games these days. It's more like a new version of Photoshop or Word (back in the version-unique days). You expect the base product to work because it's been around for a while, and you're looking mainly for new features.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I have concern that the end of this month is fast approaching, and while the marketing and advertising of XP11 states November, I have yet to see any Beta videos of XP11, unless I am missing something.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have concern that the end of this month is fast approaching, and while the marketing and advertising of XP11 states November, I have yet to see any Beta videos of XP11, unless I am missing something.

There are xp 11 beta videos on youtube already, they are beta 5 as of now.

Manuel Merelles

Pilot83,

Hey, I was impressed with your video because it gives me great hope.  I  am running 6 screens as you may see from my theme pic.  However all these panels are docked from the Instrument panel (Ifly737 FS2004) Pictures shown do not reflect that and the aircraft depicted is the Phenom 100, but the principal remains the same.

I noticed that your three screens were organised through Nvida configs and I do not have Nvidia GPU (see specs in my signature)

Is there (in your opinion) any hope for this configuration in XPlane 11??

I am really looking forward to your response as it fills me with a great hope that I can actually use this version.

Regards

Tony Chilcott.  

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Pilot83,

Hey, I was impressed with your video because it gives me great hope. I am running 6 screens as you may see from my theme pic. However all these panels are docked from the Instrument panel (Ifly737 FS2004) Pictures shown do not reflect that and the aircraft depicted is the Phenom 100, but the principal remains the same.

I noticed that your three screens were organised through Nvida configs and I do not have Nvidia GPU (see specs in my signature)

Is there (in your opinion) any hope for this configuration in XPlane 11??

I am really looking forward to your response as it fills me with a great hope that I can actually use this version.

Regards

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Tony the video is not mine its for Michael Brown published on his you tube channel and not sure how to reah him, comments are disabled on the video, , i wish to help but i have GTX NVidia which allows surround screen, but not sure about AMD if have this option. But keep in mind that XP11 seems to allow multi monitor setup, as shown in the other video 3 screens in total.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

What's wrong with Navigraph?

Maybe his aircraft doesnt play nice with Navigraph? I personally think this is great! I love Navigraph products and their support. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

What's wrong with Navigraph?

Navigraph is great but Alfamike is developing an MD80 (ATS) and he is talking from a developer point of view, who started to develop his plane while X-plane is transitioning from 10 to 11.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Pilot83,

Thanks for your reply.  I am starting to get very very interested in this.  I hope like crazy I have found the ultimate sim.

It is certainly loooking good eh?

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Speaking as developer I'm talking from the point of view of my experience with them, but that's not the right place to talk about this.

I can only say that I'm really unhappy for this decision.

...who started to develop his plane while X-plane is transitioning from 10 to 11.

Well, we started the development at the end of 2012 and declared it on April 2013, not during the transition from 10 to 11...

• Upvote 1

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

I have xplane 10 discs.  When using  x-plane 10 installer.exe I receive the following udp _socket _read upd _init failed.  And the following This is almost certainly because you are already running another copy of x-plane or efis-App on the same computer...oops.  I have only loaded the discs once and do not have another copy loaded anywhere. Any help please

Hi Denny. The installer on the discs doesn't work, you need to download a version of the installer (depending on which OS you are using). I don't have the link to the installer but you will find many posts here on this topic.