Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

:mad:  :diablo:

Can you not use the NavDAtaPro data from Aerosoft?

NAX669.png

This is the downloaded installer  from xplane 10 windows i am using per instructions  , not from discs.

Denny

Brucek I am using the downloaded installer for my operating system that I downloaded but it is not working. It will not load

Denny 

Speaking as developer I'm talking from the point of view of my experience with them, but that's not the right place to talk about this.

I can only say that I'm really unhappy for this decision.

Would you not have supported Navigraph in your product? I'm sure you could still go ahead and use your own custom data if it was that critical for your project.

Pilot83,

Thanks for your reply. I am starting to get very very interested in this. I hope like crazy I have found the ultimate sim.

It is certainly loooking good eh?

Tony Chilcott

I like Xplane because its resource efficient (VAS,RAM,and in 11quad core cpu improved loads) , for the 11th version they made it easier to use out of the box with better visuals (Easy User interface, pbr reflections, lighting, fog, usable default planes, FMC, navigraph support, FMOD sound engine, basic airport ground services, multi monitor support ). Flying is fluid in XP10, but keep in mind no sim is perfect, i suggest you try the demo and see reviews of xplane 11 once released and you decide yourself if you like it. Also note that seasons are not yet applied but LR is thinking of procedural seasons and i heard one external developper(x-enviro) is working on seasons. AI traffic is also another weak point but x plane have an option to populate your airports with static planes with no big fps hit. But also there is few paywares for ai traffic but still not fully complete. Last thing ATC, there is a freeware 124th atc which i find very good replacement for default and now supporting "text to speech voices" such as ivona at this stage only 2 voices but the developer told me in the future the idea is to assign different speech voice to each atc unit. And last weather is being worked by x-enviro payware in beta it looks good for now with better weather data, coverage and realistic draw distance.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Speaking as developer I'm talking from the point of view of my experience with them, but that's not the right place to talk about this.

I can only say that I'm really unhappy for this decision.

Well, we started the development at the end of 2012 and declared it on April 2013, not during the transition from 10 to 11...

So are we to take it that Laminar should not have made any developement in the 4 years since you started and the next 4 until you release your aircraft?

Harry Woodrow

So are we to take it that Laminar should not have made any developement in the 4 years since you started and the next 4 until you release your aircraft?

I don't understand a single word of that sentence.

And as I said before, that's not the right place to talk.

• Upvote 1

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Not that difficult to understand. Although I can figure out your troubles, no developer can assume or pretend things remain the same for four or more years. Lucky for us XP is not a dead product like FSX. 

I think you totally missed the context. I do believe the unhappy face was ablout the decision to include Navigraph in the release of XP11 when some new developers have been unable to get any form of support from Navigraph for their products.

Talking about what happens on release, do we know anything at all of how things will work with Steam?

Will there be a different XP11 version? Will it be possibile to, by buying XP11 at full price, update your XP10 copy? Will it be released on Steam more over at the same time as the release on their site?

Food for thought :D

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I think you totally missed the context. I do believe the unhappy face was ablout the decision to include Navigraph in the release of XP11 when some new developers have been unable to get any form of support from Navigraph for their products.

Thank you Will,

you completely got the meaning... I understand that, not being an English native speaker, I have often some difficulties to explain what I mean, but in this case I thought I made my point.

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Hi gentlemen,

I have seen these posting now and the question/unknown situation about an addon/dev support. Therefore this answer: we have an own developer mail address (dev@navigraph.com) or from the homepage https://www.navigraph.com/Developers.aspx

Please use this possibility to contact us - we are supporting every addon developer (when we know anything about the project) and we are happy, when we can provide the data for the specific addon. The idea in XP11 is simple - to have one dataset for all and all means for the scenery designer, for the addon developer, and so on ... so, this is the prefered method. The XP11 dataset is a standardized dataset with a good public documentation. But whenever you need some other formats (or you need more, specific data), please contact us via the dev-address and let us speak about it ... I´m sure, we will find a way to support you and your projects.

We (Navigraph) only can open our hands ... we will support you wherever we can.

Only my2cents ... ;-)

Richard

PS: BTW, thanks for the hint, that this process isn´t clear enough on our side - we will work on it, to make it more transparent and easier for you ...

• Upvote 9

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Direct link: http://www.navigraph.com

new video

• Upvote 4

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Looks like the final trailer video, can't be far away now.

Any guesses? How about this week, I'll plump for Thursday. ;-)

wow this looks great.  I think we are finally about to reach for a mass migration of FSX and P3D users to xplane

• Upvote 1