Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Hi there,  X plane11 is the one sim I'll add to my Pc. The new platform will surely get more addons than at this stage, being just a matter of time.  It's like FSX,  for fun, serious and professionals simmers and not just for students and professionals. The graphics look the best I've ever seen. Very impressed with it. They must just make sure the support is  good.  I'll wait patiently for it, although I'll still fly FSX cause of all addons I purchased previously.    

Cheers.

jcgoncalves

Wow, out of this world. The KLM 737 especially, looks like a photo!!!   I think if you don't have a big rig, you won't be ale to run Xplane 11. Load the demo, lol.

Looks like we will need the skid fix again. Didn't the dev get the memo? LOL

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Remember its still in beta so all these sounds might be different in the final release, if not they can be replaced/deleted.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Have only had limited time to look at it, but hopefully I can give you a quick "Beta View" this weekend.

Considering it is a Beta, I am impressed. The UI I found a little hard to get used to at first, it is not a traditional vertical menu system like all sims use at the moment, so takes a while to find what you need....but I can see the functionality of it.

Performance wise, no change noticed from XP10, the rendering menu is different, much simpler.

The default aircraft look terrific. The default 747 has every switch that I saw on the overhead fully functional, and the animations and detail are exquisite.

I loaded the IXEG into it but only managed a quick look inside the cockpit. The new rendering method in XP11 means the IXEG cockpit looks like something out of a movie, really impressive. 

In short, it is a Beta, some control stuff to be fixed, I noticed default terrain download is no longer by clicking small tiles but whole regions but some regions are not present yet. 

As a work in progress, very impressive indeed.

• Upvote 2

if you buy the jar design a320 sound pack from the org store, it comes with an optional skid fix,very nice sound packs for the a320 and a330 from BSS sounds.

The Defaults look really nice I agree.  But the G1000 on the Cirrus Jet.... eeeeek  It must be a "bad eyesight" friendly gauge LOL

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have only had limited time to look at it, but hopefully I can give you a quick "Beta View" this weekend.

Considering it is a Beta, I am impressed. The UI I found a little hard to get used to at first, it is not a traditional vertical menu system like all sims use at the moment, so takes a while to find what you need....but I can see the functionality of it.

Performance wise, no change noticed from XP10, the rendering menu is different, much simpler.

The default aircraft look terrific. The default 747 has every switch that I saw on the overhead fully functional, and the animations and detail are exquisite.

I loaded the IXEG into it but only managed a quick look inside the cockpit. The new rendering method in XP11 means the IXEG cockpit looks like something out of a movie, really impressive. 

In short, it is a Beta, some control stuff to be fixed, I noticed default terrain download is no longer by clicking small tiles but whole regions but some regions are not present yet. 

As a work in progress, very impressive indeed.

From what I saw the rendering menu has been simplified but all the relevant options that where in XP10 are still present. Is this the case?

The night lighting looks limited to about 20km from TheSkyLounge stream I saw today.. hope that would be extended with new rendering pipeline magic

The night lighting looks limited to about 20km from TheSkyLounge stream I saw today.. hope that would be extended with new rendering pipeline magic

Same with XP10 so it seems they haven't improved this. Shame, it's a real immersion killer.