Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Are we talking about the same Ortho4XP  :fool:  

Yes, we are. Mountains are never a problem with photoreal. It's the towns and cities which I don't like. However....

Here are some of Ortho4XP in Norway (Click to enlarge) and Norway Pro (an update I'm working on). I can't wait to try this in XP11 with the new lighting 

...this looks quite nice...! Although I still don't like how those trees stick out of the groundtextures on that first shot, also because the textures are a bit blueish. But when you are just flying around (instead of nitpicking on ground textures) I think this will do!  :wink: The last three pictures look amazing, also when it comes to the colors of the ground textures.

I was wondering:

I have the entire country in this detail :-)

Is this something you can share? You say you are working on Norway Pro: is that a product I can purchase and install just like that? As I said, mountains usually are okay with photoreal and there are a lot of them in Norway: if the towns and cities look like as on your pictures, I think I'd like that a lot. Are airports populated with buildings too? What do you mean with 'Pro'?

If I can get this scenery I am defenitely going to get XP11!!! I've been flying in Norway ever since FTX Norway has been released so that country alone is enough for me. Don't need anything else. And although Orbx scenery is great I absolutely hate those roads which are baked into ground textures and how vector roads run though houses... This looks GREAT in comparison to that!

Although I still don't like how those trees stick out of the groundtextures on that first shot, also because the textures are a bit blueish

A matter of taste I guess. I like those colours and specially added colour correction in Ortho4XP to get it ;-). It doesn't look so blue on my monitor so it could be that (Others have also commented that I oversaturate my orthos).

Yes, Norway Pro has been out for about a year now. It's free and in the downloads section of x-plane.org (in the World2XPlane) section. However, there is going to be a update of the scenery for XP11. The update is big because it is using a new technology I'm developing which scans photoimagery to get buildings and the results can be seen above. The "Pro" name is simply to differentiate it from standard W2XP scenery, where it is quite different and shouldn't be confused. 

P.S. Using Norway Pro or any other of my sceneries without photoimagery is a mixed-bag. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The textures don't match the objects above, which is a problem that X-Plane suffers from in general

I should add, there is a lack of decent and LEGAL photoimagery which can be used and distributed (The US being an exception). Licensing orthos for resale is very expensive and is probably the real reason there is a lack of it.

• Upvote 2

Last few posts just illustrates the diverse opinions of FS users. You can never please everyone.

Guest Mik75

Not sure where you are looking, but really nothing (payware or freeware) beats Ortho4XP  :wink:

Here are some of Ortho4XP in Norway (Click to enlarge) and Norway Pro (an update I'm working on). I can't wait to try this in XP11 with the new lighting  :wub: Alabeo_R66_1.jpgAlabeo_R66_2.jpgAlabeo_R66_3.jpgAlabeo_R66_22.jpgAlabeo_R66_23.jpg

It can't get much better than this.

Add some of the magic of xEnviro (I've seen some extremely impressive shots and videos about their product) and XP 11's new lighting to it, and no sim will come close to these visuals!

It can't get much better than this.

Add some of the magic of xEnviro (I've seen some extremely impressive shots and videos about their product) and XP 11's new lighting to it, and no sim will come close to these visuals!

X-enviro posted today few screenshots of their weather plugin in xp11 on their fb page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/625829117591486/permalink/650443461796718/

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Yes, I've seen them! Absolutely stunning!

Have you seen the video of the foggy approach into LOWW by night? That's so insanely realistic!

Yeah looks great! So we will have sky max pro v4 and xenviro to choose and compare.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Yes, I've seen them! Absolutely stunning!

Have you seen the video of the foggy approach into LOWW by night? That's so insanely realistic!

Just as with P3D, if you have the right collection of addons working together in XP, I think anyone would be a convert. 

I am stictly a P3D user, but I'm pretty sure that we are getting close to the point where a fully loaded XP will trump a fully loaded P3D - in a like-for like situation

Yes, Norway Pro has been out for about a year now. It's free and in the downloads section of x-plane.org (in the World2XPlane) section. However, there is going to be a update of the scenery for XP11. The update is big because it is using a new technology I'm developing which scans photoimagery to get buildings and the results can be seen above. The "Pro" name is simply to differentiate it from standard W2XP scenery, where it is quite different and shouldn't be confused. 

P.S. Using Norway Pro or any other of my sceneries without photoimagery is a mixed-bag. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The textures don't match the objects above, which is a problem that X-Plane suffers from in general.

I should add, there is a lack of decent and LEGAL photoimagery which can be used and distributed

Er... I am confused once more.  :wink: So this means that Norway Pro is W2XP (???) scenery (only autogen?) and if I download it I don't get the ground textures with it...? I have to create those myself, no matter what, using Ortho4XP...? And since photoimagery is hard to get legally I may not get the same textures as you do, maybe none at all, and even if I did I would have to take care of things like saturation etc. myself... Bummer. For a short while I thought XP scenery turned out to be easy to get a hold on but now I lost hope again. 

Sorry for posting off topic newbie questions in this topic...  :wink: Or does your Norway Pro come with instructions how to get the exact same photoreal?

BTW I had a longer look at the video from Belynz and I am DEFINITELY going to get XP11. With or without Norway.

BTW I had a longer look at the video from Belynz and I am DEFINITELY going to get XP11. With or without Norway.

What is it that appealed to you Jeroen?

Norway Pro is not W2XP scenery (like the ones you can generate). W2XP has now just become another name for Simheaven, much to my support box's annoyance :(. This is still the same idea of adding forests, houses and roads, but it doesn't use OpenStreetMap data and is customised heavily to the country in question. 

You are correct that I don't include any ground textures. I could upload them, but I don't have the patience or money to upload 30-40GB of imagery and then pay for the hosting costs myself, nor do I want to deal with support. However, you can grab some high-quality Norway tiles around Narvik here (http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/) and at some point more will be uploaded. Google are fine for personal use, and since the Norwegian source I used has a creative-commons license, I believe that is fine also. It's also trivial (in my opinion) to make it yourself. I haven't included instructions on how to make photoimagery because there are already piles of videos on YouTube and a huge support thread here. Sorry there is no magic solution to get instant good scenery, you have to put some work in to get the bits you need.

This is a good idea. I was very skeptical about X-Plane before I bought it in June. But it is really nice. So much amazing freeware to enjoy and also more and more good payware is coming to X-Plane. X-Plane 11 will further improve this situation.

Norway Pro is not W2XP scenery (like the ones you can generate). W2XP has now just become another name for Simheaven, much to my support box's annoyance :sad:. This is still the same idea of adding forests, houses and roads, but it doesn't use OpenStreetMap data and is customised heavily to the country in question. 

You are correct that I don't include any ground textures. I could upload them, but I don't have the patience or money to upload 30-40GB of imagery and then pay for the hosting costs myself, nor do I want to deal with support. However, you can grab some high-quality Norway tiles around Narvik here (http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/) and at some point more will be uploaded. Google are fine for personal use, and since the Norwegian source I used has a creative-commons license, I believe that is fine also. It's also trivial (in my opinion) to make it yourself. I haven't included instructions on how to make photoimagery because there are already piles of videos on YouTube and a huge support thread here. Sorry there is no magic solution to get instant good scenery, you have to put some work in to get the bits you need.

Could you tell us which Norwegian source for the photoimagery you used?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The biggest difference between XPX and the alternatives is the World coverage can be a lot less expensive, and have great effects like those provided by W2XP scenery, or O4XP.

In terms of Weather, XP has the potential, but still lacks the detail.

In terms of ATC, default XP ATC is inferior to the alternative's default, but there appear to be some interesting add-ons already making their way across...

Flight dynamics wise, XP has potential in aspects that the alternative can't even compete with, unless fully external flight dynamics are used, and in that case P3D is the best option, but requires a lot of work to properly "align" P3D's scenery and weather engines with the FDM module ( used for instance by ELITE Simulations for their FNPTs, but very expensive and airport-customised ..., or Aerowinx PSX when using P3D for scenery...)

If during it's evolution XP11 gains nice weather features, both dynamic and graphics wise, I will consider buying it. I will also wait for correction for the ground physics.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not sure where you are looking, but really nothing (payware or freeware) beats Ortho4XP  :wink:

Here are some of Ortho4XP in Norway (Click to enlarge) and Norway Pro (an update I'm working on). I can't wait to try this in XP11 with the new lighting  :wub: 

Alabeo_R66_1.jpg

Alabeo_R66_2.jpg

Alabeo_R66_3.jpg

Alabeo_R66_22.jpg

Alabeo_R66_23.jpg

That really looks Amazing Tony.. If you dont mind, what source and ZL did you used? I havent found any good so far.. just have few tiles of it. or will you include the ortho on your update.

Thanks

Alex