Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Oh, wow! ;-)

Thanks a lot, buddy!

I remember very vividly how I was totally amazed (and I mean TOTALLY) when I saw what XPX could deliver, visually. I am pretty sure, there'll be some fantastic things happening during the lifespan of XP11!

That's what's got me pretty excited. If it looks this good now, what'll XP11 look like in a year or two's time?

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I think the guy is a bit over excited regarding the amount of improvements he thinks he is seeing, especially when it comes to the HDR night lighting, trees ect. Or it's the YouTube compression.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I think the guy is a bit over excited regarding the amount of improvements he thinks he is seeing, especially when it comes to the HDR night lighting, trees ect. Or it's the YouTube compression.

He spoke about the way night lights are now positioned on roads and cities which looks more realistic then before and as far as i understood HDR + PBR + haze effect is giving a very realistic effect at day/dusk/dawn and also night (this is when he pointed to the haze at night but does not show clearly in the vid maybe due to you tube loss of quality in the image) , and you are right you tube does remove certain effects due to compression i think. And the trees are different then before in terms of textures and shapes, roads also are lighter in color in europe...this guy has released hundreds of videos about x plane 10 and Laminar research just listed his video on their facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/XPlaneOfficial/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Have Moon ephmeris and phases, and correct daylight according to date and latitude been fixed in XP11 beta guys ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

the trees are different then before in terms of textures and shapes ...

I do not know about that  :smile:  ... so, I would say that this impression is given by the quite different rendering engine, while the textures / shapes are still the same.

I do not know about that  :smile:  ... so, I would say that this impression is given by the quite different rendering engine, while the textures / shapes are still the same.

If thats the case then ok ...he might have been just wrong but overall great visual improvements !

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Have Moon ephmeris and phases, and correct daylight according to date and latitude been fixed in XP11 beta guys ?

I would guess no :wink: . I wasn't invited to the beta so I don't know for certain, but watching the videos it seems visually it's improved in regards to lighting (although I think the fog is possibly to strong for my liking). It also seems to have many of the same problems that it has suffered from for years like the screeching tyres, wobbling ground textures and seeing stars and the sun through the terrain.

...but it's only the beginning of XP11. Seeing how much XP10 changed during it's run, I'm excited to see what they do with XP11, but I'll be keeping XP10 installed for a while until XP11 finds its footing.

• Upvote 1

I would guess no :wink: . I wasn't invited to the beta so I don't know for certain, but watching the videos it seems visually it's improved in regards to lighting (although I think the fog is possibly to strong for my liking). It also seems to have many of the same problems that it has suffered from for years like the screeching tyres, wobbling ground textures and seeing stars and the sun through the terrain.

...but it's only the beginning of XP11. Seeing how much XP10 changed during it's run, I'm excited to see what they do with XP11, but I'll be keeping XP10 installed for a while until XP11 finds its footing.

I'll calmly wait for XP11.45 :-)  Not jumping in as I did in XP10 - after all, my normal 2 version cycle... I always skip one...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Well, you know how those guys are at Laminar Research - when they tackle a problem, they want to get it right!

So before they update the celestial bodies and the way they are portrayed in X-Plane, they want to implement:

• relativistic effects on planets orbits (or they might be off again in 100.000 years, and then what?)
  • sun-spot cycle (and the effect on earth ionosphere/radio communication)
  • high-res pictures of Neptune and Uranus (the current fuzzy stuff won´t do!)
  • implement precession and nutation of earth
  • solve the question of how much water really is on Mars (to get the seasons there right!)
  • wait for Pluto to be a planet again! (this is very important to Austin)
  • see if Elon Musk pulls of colonization of Mars (to properly create AI traffic in space)
  • see if red spot on Jupiter really dissolves or not (texture space is expensive)
  • gravitational wave effects in rings of Saturn ( I think OrbX does that right, don´t they?)

So yeah, I am hoping that in the late 11.x run they may get to the correct ephimeral data for moon and the stars (together with all the other stuff). They know that the whole community is waiting with bated breath for that!

Cheers, Jan :wink:

• Upvote 9

I saw a video of the Seattle area and I am sold purely because of the lighting, I always found DCS had the best daytime but XP11 has it too now , but no sun-rays ? , will i buy it NO not right now.  will check the demo and how it runs and what changes they have made etc....

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

gravitational wave effects in rings of Saturn ( I think OrbX does that right, don´t they?)

In my opinion, the sim is unusable without this feature :-)

• Upvote 2

Nah... doesn't have to be so complex.... I would be satisfied with at least the same we have had for more than 16 yrs in MSFS and ELITE IFR, we have in P3D, Flight Gear, IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and DCS World....

I'd rather prefer them to spend more time fixing the flight dynamics quirks :-)  and implementing nice weather, visually and effects-wise....  You're too demanding Janov...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig: