Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Will the demo also have beta updates ?

Yes, it will likely be just the same as it is in XP10. 

Yes, it will likely be just the same as it is in XP10. 

Sounds good. XP11 freaking looks nice and will improve overall during it's update cycle

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

wow the exterior of the MD looks so cool like i am right there nice silver finish. Lol i have kept all render stuff to quite high on my tiny laptop ,   will also try it on the other laptop  , damn now i am really missing my desktop :sad:

MD80_1.png

that glider looks stunningly good , just did a tow and let the AI fly as i can't have any control. Feels like you are there just because of the lighting probably.  Looks like the glossy / plastic look is gone :) 

Beautiful !!!!

Will the X-Aviation SaaB be ported to XP11 for free ? The iXEG 737 Classic ? The FlyJSim 727 ?  The PMDG DC-6  ?

Hmmmm ... tasty !  : )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Beautiful !!!!

Will the iXEG 737 be ported to XP11 for free ? Or the FlyJSim 727 and 737 ?  The PMDG DC-6  ?

Hmmmm ... tasty !  : )

Jose just download the demo its very nice. Though still a beta so expect a lot many bugs and mosquitoes. 

Bugs I accept, but I hate mosquitoes..... That sound from their wings beating in the middle of the night...

But it surely looks nice :-)

Can you do  test for me ?  Well, I don't think you can given unless you use your F1 / F2... keys for power and prop...

Pick the C90, put it inflight, and vary only the prop revs, with a fixed throttle setting and see if there are Fuel Flow variations. Wanted to check if Austin's announced new PT-6 model is already implemented ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Bugs I accept, but I hate mosquitoes..... That sound from their wings beating in the middle of the night...

But it surely looks nice :-)

Can you do  test for me ?  Well, I don't think you can given unless you use your F1 / F2... keys for power and prop...

Pick the C90, put it inflight, and vary only the prop revs, with a fixed throttle setting and see if there are Fuel Flow variations. Wanted to check if Austin's announced new PT-6 model is already implemented ...

I can't control any flight because my sticks are not working in XP11 but i can try with the keyboard but how will i even rotate without any pitch authority as the mouse pitch / roll does not seem to work

Why is the MD-82 not taking off ? I select AI controls aircraft

Wow making the camera move along the tail of the MD-82 feels so awesome. 

Why is the MD-82 not taking off ? I select AI controls aircraft

It's a Beta AI pilot.... probably even without MD-80 type rating ( don't tell FAA !!! )

Main Simulation Rig:

It's a Beta AI pilot.... probably even without MD-80 type rating ( don't tell FAA !!! )

Hahahaha 

XP11 is working nicely for me. Out of the box fps around 30 at 4K with moderate AA settings, shadows and reflections. Sceneries from XP10 seem to work just fine, Carenado addon aircraft are working with some visual issues. SkyMaxx is working with some cloud artefacts, MaxxFX is working, as are VenturaSky, NOAA and LUA plugins. I like what I see, quite mature for a first public beta.

Hans

I read a lot about bad frames, even with modern graphic cards. 

I had the same, but found out it turned out to be the reflections, those are heavy CPU bound.

I recommend to turn the reflections to the lowest level, then work upward and check if it is worth the impact.

I have basically maxed everything else out with my 1070. 

I read a lot about bad frames, even with modern graphic cards. 

I had the same, but found out it turned out to be the reflections, those are heavy CPU bound.

I recommend to turn the reflections to the lowest level, then work upward and check if it is worth the impact.

I have basically maxed everything else out with my 1070. 

This ! Totally concur, XP11 runs great on my i5 2500K @ 3.2GHz + GTX 970 with the above advice. Still looks great too, win win///

Downloaded the demo. HOLY COW. This might become something!!!

On my +2 year old PC (4790@4.5 and 16 GB RAM and Windows 10) XP runs better then expected (after reading some of the comments). I have objects at max, AA at 4x, I even have all shadows enabled (but reflections off: luckily the reflections on your own plane remain active) and it runs pretty good! Very smooth feeling, a LOT better than P3D. I do have some stutters though when turning or looking around. But compared to P3D XP11 feels utterly smooth nonetheless. Just like current games are running: great! And what I like most, what I really like most, what I absolutely like most, is you see nothing pop up! No ground textures being loaded nearby all the time, nothing! Things are drawn into a great distance, as far as I can see, it seems, and things stay as they are. Major improvement over P3D!

I was able to setup my joystick and rudder pedals in no time and took off in the Cessna. (Which does indeed pull to the left extremely and two gauges have some odd noise on them all the time). The only negative remark so far is that everything looks very (VERY) bland at daytime. And the fog is a bit too much indeed. Dusk, dawn and night are totally awesome. I also love that there are no fake roads running through houses, even though things do look a bit clean (some spots where houses should be have none). O, wait, clouds look like crap and kill performance... that's one big bummer I have to add.

Anyway, I could go on a while with commenting but since this is a beta, XP11 looks very promising! The smoothness, the amount of detail into the far distance without anything popping up... AA isn't too good btw but I am sure the things I don't quite like right now will be improved in the future and also by using various addons. Add to that that I am planning to buy a new PC the coming year and the future is looking bright. Also like the UI btw.

In short: I like what I see already!

Let's not complain as it's still a beta , ok i m complaining :( 

I also have my joystick not welll calibrated and making the plane bank left.

Also, AI planes. Where do i get rid of them?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."