Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Could be that like me, that you need a much better controller. 

Hmm but it does not happen in the DCS helis , not comparing but these are the basic stuff that should be addressed IMO.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

You can also chose to download only a part of the scenery areas.

In my xp10 installs I always started by a set of tiles around LPPT, just to test a new version and decide what to do next, and then added more tiles at a 2-3 tiles per day base...

Thank you. Interesting and useful info.

I downloaded the full XP file (all scenery tiles) before leaving for work. Seems like a good use of time where I won't be at my PC. Can't say how long it took but probably no more than a couple of hours. Its about 60GB for everything though the size can be significantly reduced if you don't download all the scenery tiles.

Thank you. I could probably manage the full download in about the same time all being well. Considering how close XP11 is I am wondering if its actually worth going through two huge downloads if v10 is going to be redundant in a few weeks time. Redundant for a new user anyway.

Will v11 share some components with 10 such as the scenery files, or is a totally separate platform?

Apparently all of the scenery stuff presently available for XP10 will work with XP11. At least nothing was mentioned so far that is indicative of the opposite.

This is great because XP10 wouldn't be what it is without the work of Andras, Tony and "PilotBalu" from SimHeaven.

I guess that for those also using the "mandatory" NOAA plugin it will also work with XP11.

I wonder if XView ( plugin allowing to use XP as a scenery generator for Aerowinx PSX ) will also work ?  I hope so...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmm but it does not happen in the DCS helis , not comparing but these are the basic stuff that should be addressed IMO.

Finally installed Windows and I'm now downloading Aerofly and DCS to see what all the hype is about.

Finally installed Windows and I'm now downloading Aerofly and DCS to see what all the hype is about.

You got that 1TB SSD ? DCS is the real deal . Can't say anything about Aerofly don't have it. 

In DCS get on Multiplayer on VA Aerobatics server that's my second home. The audio environment is the best in DCS and of course the flight dynamics. Try the Tf-51 which is free with DCS World.

Tony,

I have given all of my DCS modules away to Zulfi and another PSX user, but in DCS it is legal to transfer module licenses to other users, and then fetch them back.

I will ask one of the users for the Bf109 K4, Fw190 D9 and P51d licenses, and Zulfi can certainly make temporarily available some of his licenses ( uh-1h, mi8 and L-39 or even f86 ? ) to you for testing.

Make sure you get the 1.5x version of the sim, not 2.x which requires "Nevada" and that is a huge download ( 20+ GB ).

With the Crimea map you will be just good to test...

You'll have to create a user, and then tell me what it is, so that, with Zulfi's and that other friend clearance I can transfer the licenses to your account. You can then test it for free, and legally, and decide if you want to invest.

Aerofly FS 2 is a huge install. Since I have a small disk, and am rather busy beta testing the next version of ELITE, I uninstalled it and am waiting for the release of the Q-400 and the first helicopter to install again, but it has a great FDM for sure... As a sim it is far from being as complete as either XP or MSFS and derivatives...

I no longer use DCS - that's why I gave away all of my licenses. Only use combat sims for the pleasure of tasting the much superior flight dynamics compared with MSFS or XP. But I do use IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, which as my sig says, is by far the closest to reality I ever felt in the world of virtual flights...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Apparently all of the scenery stuff presently available for XP10 will work with XP11. At least nothing was mentioned so far that is indicative of the opposite.

So if I bought 10 now would the default world terrain files work in XP11 saving me from downloading those components again?

Is XP like P3D with separate component downloads; client/content etc.?

Tony,

I have given all of my DCS modules away to Zulfi and another PSX user, but in DCS it is legal to transfer module licenses to other users, and then fetch them back.

I will ask one of the users for the Bf109 K4, Fw190 D9 and P51d licenses, and Zulfi can certainly make temporarily available some of his licenses ( uh-1h, mi8 and L-39 or even f86 ? ) to you for testing.

Make sure you get the 1.5x version of the sim, not 2.x which requires "Nevada" and that is a huge download ( 20+ GB ).

With the Crimea map you will be just good to test...

You'll have to create a user, and then tell me what it is, so that, with Zulfi's and that other friend clearance I can transfer the licenses to your account. You can then test it for free, and legally, and decide if you want to invest.

Aerofly FS 2 is a huge install. Since I have a small disk, and am rather busy beta testing the next version of ELITE, I uninstalled it and am waiting for the release of the Q-400 and the first helicopter to install again, but it has a great FDM for sure... As a sim it is far from being as complete as either XP or MSFS and derivatives...

I no longer use DCS - that's why I gave away all of my licenses. Only use combat sims for the pleasure of tasting the much superior flight dynamics compared with MSFS or XP. But I do use IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, which as my sig says, is by far the closest to reality I ever felt in the world of virtual flights...

Yep I will give Tony the module BUT NOT THE MIG21 DO YOU UNDERSTAND !

@Tony the Mi-8 is what you should try for the helis let me know I have many modules from Jose. BUT READ THE 1st LINE

OOPS THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THIS SORRY OP.

You got that 1TB SSD ? DCS is the real deal

Yep, installed Windows on it and now Aerofly is downloading (It's 30GB).

Thanks Jose, I'll grab 1.5 once Aerofly has finished downloading and I'll send you my username. Looking forward to trying it out

OOPS THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THIS SORRY OP.

Let's take it to PM :-)

XP11 is the next version of XP !  Then there will be XP12... they will skip XP13 for obvious reasons... Seasonal textures are expected somewhere along their journey...

Maybe also exact Moon and Sun Ephemeris and proper daylight calculations ( nigh-dawn and dusk-night transitions... ).

(hehe, original text deleted by myself - was OT here... sorry :-) )

Main Simulation Rig:

Let's take it to PM :-)

Aye Aye.

So back to XP11 topic , hope LR resolves those small things can do a lot good for us non-real-world pilots. I really enjoy the flight dynamics but when I want to do Bush flying with the 185 most of the times it's just not easy to take off , LR should make this a priority. I feel it could still be solved within the XP10 update cycle.

XP11 is the next version of XP !  Then there will be XP12... they will skip XP13 for obvious reasons... Seasonal textures are expected somewhere along their journey...

About the seasonal textures , they are looking at a different technique rather going with texture files, some kinda coding

Changing the flight dynamics during a release cycle is probably not a good idea. If a developer makes their product for XP11 with work-arounds in place and an update breaks or changes the behaviour, that developer likely won't be happy along with the users. It's fine adding new features but changing something like this needs careful thought

So if I bought 10 now would the default world terrain files work in XP11 saving me from downloading those components again?

Is XP like P3D with separate component downloads; client/content etc.?

No Novation,

only a single, self-contained install required, which doesn't mess with Windows registry and is thus very easy to uninstall ( my preferred activity :-) ) and backup, restore...

It's by far the easiest civil flightsim to maintain!

IMO in it's present version it also has the most complete and easy to use User Interface at least in as far as setting hardware controllers goes, but they have redesigned it making an even more appealing interface judging from what I've seen so far in the tubes...

Main Simulation Rig:

Agreed that changing something in the FDM may cause havoc when XP11 is just around the corner, but this issue has been there since the begining of XP10 like the torque bug.

• Upvote 1

No Novation,

only a single, self-contained install required, which doesn't mess with Windows registry and is thus very easy to uninstall ( my preferred activity :-) ) and backup, restore...

Updates are in patch form then, leaving your install undisturbed, unlike P3D?

Just one last clarification on the default world scenery install. Are these files dl'ed and added directly into the sim, or can you save them to add when you wish? Again I refer to the forthcoming version and having to do the process twice if I get v10 now; if the current scenery is the same in XP11 will I have to download it all again upon release...... if anyone knows that is :)