Sign in to follow this  
J757

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Speaking as developer I'm talking from the point of view of my experience with them, but that's not the right place to talk about this.

I can only say that I'm really unhappy for this decision.

Well, we started the development at the end of 2012 and declared it on April 2013, not during the transition from 10 to 11...

So are we to take it that Laminar should not have made any developement in the 4 years since you started and the next 4 until you release your aircraft?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So are we to take it that Laminar should not have made any developement in the 4 years since you started and the next 4 until you release your aircraft?

I don't understand a single word of that sentence.

And as I said before, that's not the right place to talk.

• Upvote 1

Not that difficult to understand. Although I can figure out your troubles, no developer can assume or pretend things remain the same for four or more years. Lucky for us XP is not a dead product like FSX. 

I think you totally missed the context. I do believe the unhappy face was ablout the decision to include Navigraph in the release of XP11 when some new developers have been unable to get any form of support from Navigraph for their products.

Talking about what happens on release, do we know anything at all of how things will work with Steam?

Will there be a different XP11 version? Will it be possibile to, by buying XP11 at full price, update your XP10 copy? Will it be released on Steam more over at the same time as the release on their site?

Food for thought :D

I think you totally missed the context. I do believe the unhappy face was ablout the decision to include Navigraph in the release of XP11 when some new developers have been unable to get any form of support from Navigraph for their products.

Thank you Will,

you completely got the meaning... I understand that, not being an English native speaker, I have often some difficulties to explain what I mean, but in this case I thought I made my point.

Hi gentlemen,

I have seen these posting now and the question/unknown situation about an addon/dev support. Therefore this answer: we have an own developer mail address (dev@navigraph.com) or from the homepage https://www.navigraph.com/Developers.aspx

Please use this possibility to contact us - we are supporting every addon developer (when we know anything about the project) and we are happy, when we can provide the data for the specific addon. The idea in XP11 is simple - to have one dataset for all and all means for the scenery designer, for the addon developer, and so on ... so, this is the prefered method. The XP11 dataset is a standardized dataset with a good public documentation. But whenever you need some other formats (or you need more, specific data), please contact us via the dev-address and let us speak about it ... I´m sure, we will find a way to support you and your projects.

We (Navigraph) only can open our hands ... we will support you wherever we can.

Only my2cents ... ;-)

Richard

PS: BTW, thanks for the hint, that this process isn´t clear enough on our side - we will work on it, to make it more transparent and easier for you ...

• Upvote 9

Looks like the final trailer video, can't be far away now.

Any guesses? How about this week, I'll plump for Thursday. ;-)

wow this looks great.  I think we are finally about to reach for a mass migration of FSX and P3D users to xplane

• Upvote 1

Looks like the final trailer video, can't be far away now.

Any guesses? How about this week, I'll plump for Thursday. ;-)

Black Friday would be my guess.

Did I see actual reflective metal textures on that AA MD-80?

Did I see actual reflective metal textures on that AA MD-80?

Of course, this is what physical based rendering (PBR) is about. Actually, even painted planes reflects the world around dynamically, depending on the incident angle, and are affected by ambiant light as well. You can observe that in many scenes of the video.

• Upvote 3

Looking through the comments on the video it appears XP11 may be released by the end of November but not guaranteed. They are stating definitely by the end of the year

Promo vid is very good , let's just wait till the demo is released till then having fun in DCS

Probably beta 6 will go public friday. We are used to betas with x-plane. Simply select that in the installer.

I've googled for fmod and am not convinced that this is any better than openal. They surely could have done the same with openal.

Probably beta 6 will go public friday. We are used to betas with x-plane. Simply select that in the installer.

I've googled for fmod and am not convinced that this is any better than openal. They surely could have done the same with openal.

In the above beta 6 video, the guy said xp11 will go public beta soon, i wonder who will include this public beta? Developers? Or maybe those who have pre ordered the digital download version?

Belynz (Matt Davies), PC pilot magazine and Thomas Rasmussen got their pre release versions and according to pc pilot magazine comment no restrictions on reporting and screenshots

https://www.facebook.com/PCPilotOfficial/posts/1145437298837817:0

https://www.facebook.com/MattDaviesHD/posts/1258983824162713:0

https://www.facebook.com/RasmussenAviation/posts/1191047514284211:0