Sign in to follow this  
J757

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,  X plane11 is the one sim I'll add to my Pc. The new platform will surely get more addons than at this stage, being just a matter of time.  It's like FSX,  for fun, serious and professionals simmers and not just for students and professionals. The graphics look the best I've ever seen. Very impressed with it. They must just make sure the support is  good.  I'll wait patiently for it, although I'll still fly FSX cause of all addons I purchased previously.    

Cheers.

jcgoncalves

Might someone with beta access be so kind to post a few screenshots of the European autogen?

Wow, out of this world. The KLM 737 especially, looks like a photo!!!   I think if you don't have a big rig, you won't be ale to run Xplane 11. Load the demo, lol.

Looks like we will need the skid fix again. Didn't the dev get the memo? LOL

Remember its still in beta so all these sounds might be different in the final release, if not they can be replaced/deleted.

Have only had limited time to look at it, but hopefully I can give you a quick "Beta View" this weekend.

Considering it is a Beta, I am impressed. The UI I found a little hard to get used to at first, it is not a traditional vertical menu system like all sims use at the moment, so takes a while to find what you need....but I can see the functionality of it.

Performance wise, no change noticed from XP10, the rendering menu is different, much simpler.

The default aircraft look terrific. The default 747 has every switch that I saw on the overhead fully functional, and the animations and detail are exquisite.

I loaded the IXEG into it but only managed a quick look inside the cockpit. The new rendering method in XP11 means the IXEG cockpit looks like something out of a movie, really impressive. 

In short, it is a Beta, some control stuff to be fixed, I noticed default terrain download is no longer by clicking small tiles but whole regions but some regions are not present yet. 

As a work in progress, very impressive indeed.

• Upvote 2

if you buy the jar design a320 sound pack from the org store, it comes with an optional skid fix,very nice sound packs for the a320 and a330 from BSS sounds.

The Defaults look really nice I agree.  But the G1000 on the Cirrus Jet.... eeeeek  It must be a "bad eyesight" friendly gauge LOL

Have only had limited time to look at it, but hopefully I can give you a quick "Beta View" this weekend.

Considering it is a Beta, I am impressed. The UI I found a little hard to get used to at first, it is not a traditional vertical menu system like all sims use at the moment, so takes a while to find what you need....but I can see the functionality of it.

Performance wise, no change noticed from XP10, the rendering menu is different, much simpler.

The default aircraft look terrific. The default 747 has every switch that I saw on the overhead fully functional, and the animations and detail are exquisite.

I loaded the IXEG into it but only managed a quick look inside the cockpit. The new rendering method in XP11 means the IXEG cockpit looks like something out of a movie, really impressive. 

In short, it is a Beta, some control stuff to be fixed, I noticed default terrain download is no longer by clicking small tiles but whole regions but some regions are not present yet. 

As a work in progress, very impressive indeed.

From what I saw the rendering menu has been simplified but all the relevant options that where in XP10 are still present. Is this the case?

The night lighting looks limited to about 20km from TheSkyLounge stream I saw today.. hope that would be extended with new rendering pipeline magic

The night lighting looks limited to about 20km from TheSkyLounge stream I saw today.. hope that would be extended with new rendering pipeline magic

Same with XP10 so it seems they haven't improved this. Shame, it's a real immersion killer.

Interesting. Some things I like, some things I don't. Does anyone know where he is flying in the Cessna (around 1:20h)? I like the Cessna but that airport is completely empty (?) and that city, is that supposed to be Europe? Looks like one of those desert states in the US. Flat colors, very empty... ugly trees btw. Still, I am more and more thinking about not getting Orbx LOWI but, for a few dollars more, XP11. It certainly gives you more worth for your money compared to one airport... ;) Some of the other default planes also look very good for default planes.

What do the beta testers think about the default ground textures? Have they been improved/changed, or is there no noticable difference compared to 10?

What do the beta testers think about the default ground textures? Have they been improved/changed, or is there no noticable difference compared to 10?

There's no noticeable difference at all. Same old scenery (except the European autogen)

Interesting. Some things I like, some things I don't. Does anyone know where he is flying in the Cessna (around 1:20h)? I like the Cessna but that airport is completely empty (?) and that city, is that supposed to be Europe? Looks like one of those desert states in the US. Flat colors, very empty... ugly trees btw. Still, I am more and more thinking about not getting Orbx LOWI but, for a few dollars more, XP11. It certainly gives you more worth for your money compared to one airport... ;) Some of the other default planes also look very good for default planes.

Yeah, scenery can be disappointing when coming to XP from Orbx country, but it looks like the beta doesn't include airport buildings which should definitely be there in the release. If I understand correctly the scenery architecture is pretty much the same as XP10 so it should fill out pretty nicely. 

Also once people start downloading and installing HD meshes and maybe start tweaking the atmospherics I get the impression it'll look quite stunning. Definitely worth a punt...

Yeah, scenery can be disappointing when coming to XP from Orbx country, but it looks like the beta doesn't include airport buildings which should definitely be there in the release. If I understand correctly the scenery architecture is pretty much the same as XP10 so it should fill out pretty nicely. 

Also once people start downloading and installing HD meshes and maybe start tweaking the atmospherics I get the impression it'll look quite stunning. Definitely worth a punt...

Not really fair comparing stock scenery to payware ;)

Not really fair comparing stock scenery to payware ;)

Agreed, but for some people looking for a compelling reason to try, it's kind of unavoidable.

Agreed, but for some people looking for a compelling reason to try, it's kind of unavoidable.

Well there is always Ortho4XP which can make some amazing scenery for free.

I love the look of the 737.  The modelling is amazing.   But that 747  It looks like its been standing out in the Mojave desert for 20 years. lol

Lots of stuff to be excited about here.  Great new interface - but the weather.  Oh the weather....

I recently installed my ORBX stuff again using their new application and the difference in experience is as clear as night and day. There is simply no equivalent product yet for X-Plane and the same question gets asked repeatedly. I think X-Plane still beats ORBX though when you compare how it renders mountains and night-time scenery (except for the snow).

Well there is always Ortho4XP which can make some amazing scenery for free.

This is true, but it also requires a huge amount of disk-space and effort for the user (Something the majority don't want to do). Also, there are a lack of decent orthos for many areas I want to fly in, e.g. Australia, New Zealand and Norway.

Still, I am more and more thinking about not getting Orbx LOWI but, for a few dollars more, XP11. It certainly gives you more worth for your money compared to one airport... ;)

Thats a very interesting way to put it. I am quite happy spending lots of money on planes, scenery (mostly great & free in xplane!) but buying a new sim is a different question (il-2 is on my whislist for quite some time). Spending money is a rather irrational matter for me.

Yeah, scenery can be disappointing when coming to XP from Orbx country,

Thats wasn't true for me with norway. i enjoyed norway pro in xp10 way more than Orbx rendition of it.