Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Slightly disappointed about them not updating the weather engine, but I'm psyched about everything else.  Looking forward to hearing the rest of the features in the coming weeks. And hopefully they'll update the weather engine sometime in the v11 run, or at least give 3rd party devs more access.

+1 ! I am guessing we will have to wait for XP12 for a new weather update. Maybe they will add some hooks for 3rd party devs. XP10 is pretty stable and the new features don't look like they will break anything. So I think the V11 run won't be that long, maybe a year or two. They are not going to give you a perfect simulator out of the box, they need to sell you something at the end of the day. This is a incremental update like Apple likes to do. At least they are not selling you a bug update like P3D.....I wouldn't expect any new features in V11 besides what they have announced.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I really can't wait for the new sound engine, especially their statement about the atmosphere of a 'busy airport'. It's one of those key things every simulator has been missing, the noise, the reverberation, the distant sounds, everything. From the preview, it looks like they are on to something spectacular. Also hope aircraft developers are able to switch over to the new SDK(s?) quick.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Here's hoping some existing aircraft can be used with the new version.

That was one of my thought also.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I bet my system will choke lol.

5 year old PC's just don't cut it any more :)

I really hope they get seasons in to this sim!!!  Ugh!

Anyway hope they have a demo too!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's a very nice update, I enjoyed the presentation and chatting with Ben afterwards. 

The new UI is very nice and a huge improvement over the current one. Here are some other things I remember:

• The GPS now supports SIDs and STARs
  • There is a new FMC which is a huge improvement over the current one and supports the same features and the GPS
  • The fog layer looked much more realistic. 
  • The European autogen is German only, but is updatable by developers. It is able to work with curved roads.
  • The default aircraft have has some major updates and they're very impressive. 
  • There are some fixes/changes to the flight model, but Austin lost me here and what they were.
  • Free update if you buy XP10 as of today. The rest of us will pay $69 
  • New PBR, lighting and ambient occlusion rendering. Looks really stunning and has to be seen moving (not from screenshots) to appreciate it.
  • Existing older aircraft and textures will somehow get new lighting. They demonstrated this and it looked really good.
  • Most products should be backward compatible.
  • Dynamic ground traffic at airports. This was a very impressive feature with vehicles servicing static aircraft and pushback trucks. This will bring the default airports to life.

During the Q/A, people asked about seasons and weather improvements. There are neither, although Austin said they had plans to fix them. There are no improvements to ATC. There is still no VR support, but they are working on it.

It's a good update and just like the v10 release cycle, during v11 we will likely still see lots of new features added.

• Upvote 4

Not sure why the XPX UI is constantly berrated as a barrier to the Fsx crowd...are they assumed to be just that simple?

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

What about seasons?

No seasons means I am out.

Not sure if they will have them, but if they don't what can I say... Your loss buddy...

• Upvote 2

I am watching XP11 closely but am in a wait and see mode. Until PMDG makes their 777 or 747 compatible...

Just invested in P3D andso seek to maximize my investment. XPX has been hideous at simulating my commercial airline environment that I seek.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Not sure why the XPX UI is constantly berrated as a barrier to the Fsx crowd...are they assumed to be just that simple?

Because a lot of FSX/P3D users complain that XP UI is too complicated?

The rest of us will pay $69

According to their Facebook post and website, $59.99.

The GPS now supports SIDs and STARs
There is a new FMC which is a huge improvement over the current one and supports the same features and the GPS

That sounds great. I wonder if the FMC will be backwards-compatible, too (because of how several addon aicraft's own avionics use it in the background).

• Upvote 2

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I am watching XP11 closely but am in a wait and see mode. Until PMDG makes their 777 or 747 compatible...

Just invested in P3D andso seek to maximize my investment. XPX has been hideous at simulating my commercial airline environment that I seek.

XPX is only $60, how much money have you spent, will you spend on FSX/P3D addons ? How did you come to the conclusion that it's hideous ? I don't fly airlines but the GA stuff is pretty awesome !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I never found the UI too complicated , I think it is quick and efficient but it's a personal opinion.

• Upvote 6

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Most products should be backward compatible.

I was wondering about that.

That is good news.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I never found the UI too complicated , I think it is quick and efficient but it's a personal opinion.

While I am still a Prepar3d major and will certainly remain one, I can't say I have real difficulties with the XP UI either. I even think controls calibration is better managed than in Prepar3d/FSX. However, the look and feel has a late 90-ies touch reminding of Turbo Pascal time making young simmers (are there any?) certainly laugh.

Thus I think it's a good move to polish it, while other points certainly require rework. I read airports will get life (I guess something like GSX?) ... any comments on AI?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

• The GPS now supports SIDs and STARs
  • There is a new FMC which is a huge improvement over the current one and supports the same features and the GPS

NOW we're talking. I think having both a quality GPS as well as a more comprehensive default FMC that supports SIDs and STARs can be extremely beneficial for developers, as long as they also have more access to it than they do now. I've also seen G1000 mentions.

This is much more promising to me than a lot of the other listed features. Thanks for sharing, Tony!

About PBR, can we "place" them on the scenery as well or is it just aircraft (just want to make sure since they are only showing the aircrafts in the video)?