Sign in to follow this  
J757

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's asking for a license no demo 

Try the link in my previous post. The installers are different

Seems like LR disabled the demo for the time being.

NO.  I had already subscribed hence i got an email with the demo link and I am downloading.  Maybe they have disabled the site demo link maybe

Try the link in my previous post. The installers are different

I got an email and downloading from there :)

That's not really accumulated snow, it's another form of blending textures ... but it's certainly "good enough" for my desires and would be a welcome addition ... do you have any video of it in action?

Most of the technical papers I've read on real time accumulation of snow (occlusion or other methods) have all come to the conclusion of high performance demands and very very high memory demands.  Here is a good (older) article ... certainly more than two lines of code but provides some of the basic mathematics involved.  Basic idea is surface-bound accumulation buffers with height maps per object in the scene ... series of quads rendered per pixel of the occlusion projection ... map to corresponding accumulation height map ... add some tessellation and coloring offset ... viola we have accumulated snow.  This is definitely not trivial on the performance side, but certainly "doable" on the math side ... I'd love to seem some type of implementation even if it's currently unusable due to performance limitations of today's hardware.

Cheers, Rob.

I also use FG and they have something for the season which is I think enabled with the Rembrandt rendering (FG Only) , the problem is the texture quality and terrain quality of FG but otherwise they have amazing seasonal trees believe me i like them and also regional specific. I went to HUTO (Tororo) and the there are African trees. The trees sway with the wind

I am not too interested in the seasons but the weather depiction is something I will always want.

Ha eff it lol - just bought it direct from their site!

Downloading in progress!

• Upvote 1

Coudn't resist to at least take a look at the demo mode.

I can't seem to find the option to get rid of the AI planes tho.

Ha eff it lol - just bought it direct from their site!

You made a good choice Ryan. Let us know how you get on

Loving the popup map

image.jpg

Hi Tony. I've been hoping to use XP11 in my basement sim, which runs on a front screen and two side-window screens, but haven't been able to get any confirmation about XP11's ability to run multiple screens / monitors native without plugins or needing to run multiple instances of the app on multiple PCs. Seeing as you have the beta running, any insight on this? I've searched the XP forums but can't find anything definitive.

Looks FANTASTIC, by the way ...

To install demo,you need unmount or put off the dvd of xp10.

Sorry for my english.lol

Hi Tony. I've been hoping to use XP11 in my basement sim, which runs on a front screen and two side-window screens, but haven't been able to get any confirmation about XP11's ability to run multiple screens / monitors native without plugins or needing to run multiple instances of the app on multiple PCs. Seeing as you have the beta running, any insight on this? I've searched the XP forums but can't find anything definitive.

Looks FANTASTIC, by the way ...

The answer is yes.

I think this video answer what you are looking for, and this guy has other videos configuring monitors individually for you to see

Sorry for my english.lol

Could have been the case . 6 hrs for demo download :(

Thanks for the advice. Remove your DVDs or USB dongles and try again :-)

Could have been the case . 6 hrs for demo download :sad:

It's very nice. Just wait till you try it ;-)

Could have been the case . 6 hrs for demo download :sad:

Are you downloading the whole world ?

Are you downloading the whole world ?

No sir just thy demo. 2MBPS here.

It's very nice. Just wait till you try it ;-)

Till then some FG flights and they sloped runways I think. And great clouds. 

I took a quick peek of the XP11 before going to bed and I think that in general, it's a big improvement. The only thing I dislike is the limiting graphic options that we have now. There is no way to set clouds density so not only are we stuck with ugly looking clouds we also can't control the most performance hungry graphical option.

Also, I noticed that for my X52 Pro I can only map one HAT switch which is probably a bug that needs to be fixed.

I also think the fog effect, whilst it is looks very good, is way too strong. It looks good visually but it makes it look like everywhere has fog and needs to be controllable.  I've done many real flights at low altutide 2-3thousand feet and the effects look too much (but they're on the right path), it looks like an eternal foggy winter.

Now that I have the opportunity ti participate in the public Beta, my internet is on fire...I can go to sleep tonight knowing that I can wake up tomorrow and check this out on my own and I do plan to approach it very carefully, pointing out any issues that may come up.  I have to say this, first I take back what i said before about the release, and two, I GREATLY appreciate that LR is being generous in making this a public Beta.  Even if XP11 gives me issues that I can't move forward with, I still have my install of 10 until they get it sorted.  A terrific win/win for the users.

This was probably asked before. Was there any discount for owners of XPX?

This was probably asked before. Was there any discount for owners of XPX?

no, there is not.

xplane 11 is a major release and you need to buy full XP11 as per laminar policy.

for those that wanted to buy xp10 on the past month having xplane 11 already coming. Laminar put a promo that if you buy XP10 digital directly from them your product key will work for XP11 as well.

This is not to stop sell until XP11 final is available and to protect customers buying XP10 on the end of the cycle not asking them to buy XP11 again a month later.

no, there is not.

xplane 11 is a major release and you need to buy full XP11 as per laminar policy.

for those that wanted to buy xp10 on the past month having xplane 11 already coming. Laminar put a promo that if you buy XP10 digital directly from them your product key will work for XP11 as well.

This is not to stop sell until XP11 final is available and to protect customers buying XP10 on the end of the cycle not asking them to buy XP11 again a month later.

Thanks for the response.

Well i like it. I am on a tiny laptop at KSEA with low-mid settings in the MD80 it's 12-15 fps but my pitch / roll don't work :sad: my sticks are caliberated and the pitch / roll works in the settings :sad: . so i haven't actually flown i just let the 172 rotate on its own due to no pitch / roll authority.

It's looks much neater than XP10. , i wish they would increase the demo time to at least 30 mins.