Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Major blurry issues

Guest MB

HiI know blurries have beed discussed a million times here before, but I did a search and couldn't find any post that described my exact problem.I've just given my PC a major upgrade. the past couple of weeks I've been flying GA and everything's been fine. Today I decided to fly a bit further afield, so I took my PMDG 737 for a flight.However, I had some problems. After about 40-50 minutes, every time I switched to spot view all the textures went very blurry - both in flight and at airports - at airports all tectures, AI, airport scenery, ground textures etc go blurry.It seems to happen when the aircraft textures are loading - when I switch to Spot view everything's fine for a second, until the aircraft textures load then everything goes blurry. After that, it seems like FS stops loading textures - so I also end with a half-textured 737 with the wings usually untextured. I have a key assigned to 'refresh scenery', and once this is done, everything goes back to being sharp. If i stay in spot view, evertyhing stays sharp, and within the first few minutes of reloading the textures, it's possible to switch views without blurries. But then the cycle starts again.What's really annoying is that exactly the same setup is fine for flying at 300kts+ through photographic scenery with no blurries!So naturally I'm confused. At the moment I've only had this problem with the PMDG 737, but that's also the only airliner I've flown so far in FS, so it may happen with others. I will try flying others as time allows. So far I've tried to delete my FS9.cfg and allow a new one to be created, but it made no difference. This problem occurs everywhere - even where there is no add-on scenery installed.I'm extremely annoyed that my new setup has these issues - any help would be much appreciated.MikeMy system:AM Athlon64 3000+GeForce 6600GT1GB RAMi don't really know what else I should be putting here!!

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Hmmm, well the only blurries I have are with one plane, and it's my own repaint no less! :-lolI have the same video card. Well, it's a 6600GT, anyway, but mine is AGP. If yours is too then it's the same :) I know they offered a PCI-X version also.Have you tried any of the tricks mentioned in the hardware forum, like disabling page files and the like? I don't remember the details, but I think I read somewhere (haha how's that for accuracy?) that with 1GB of RAM or more, disabling the paging file actually increases performance by keeping more in system memory. Heck I'm talking outta my rear end now, as I can't even remember if I read that here or not now. Anyone? Alcott, where are you bro? :)-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.Firewall: Section of the aircraft specially designed to let heat and smoke enter the cockpit.Lean Mixture: Nonalcoholic beer

Do NOT disable your pagefile. Even with a lot of ram it can still cause many problems. I recently got rid of most of my blurries with this configuration tweak. Make sure you backup any files before modifying. The change I made was posted by Cole (1st reply in the thread)http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12229Also, search "blurries" here on Avsim, and you will find lots of helpful threads on the issue.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest MB

Hithanks for your help.I've tried some of the fixes posted, and it doesn't make much difference. It seems to me that those fixes fix persistent blurries, but the problem I have, as posted above, is intermittent, and seems to be directly associated with loading of aircraft textures.Any more help would still be appreciated!!

Last time I had this problem, it was a result of setting Antialiasing on in the nVidia driver rather than using the setting in FS...I set the nVidia to "application controlled" and turned it on in the FS display config, and the blurries went away.Using an AGP 6800 Ultra here.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest MB

HiI'm still not sure that people realise quite what issue I'm having - so I took some screenshots to illustrate. After having flown for a while, especially over a reasonably long distance, this happens:In the first picture, I've just switched views, and textures are loading - note how the ones that have loaded are in focushttp://www.geocities.com/pikey_mikey2003/i...s/image2981.jpgNow the aircraft textures start loading, and everything goes very blurryhttp://www.geocities.com/pikey_mikey2003/i...s/image3111.jpgNo amount of zooming, or waiting around, will cause these tectures to focus. This doesn't happen when I first load FS, but only after I've been flying a whileAny suggestions?

Blurries......Causes:Textures of AI and other aircraft not the same format, ie;DXT1 or DXT3 or all 32 bit.Frames set too high.... set them back to around 20 to 25. Blurries are caused by a rescource shortage. by lowering the frames you give the sim time to work and the textures will show. In the case of the textures not being the same format, it's trying to load, like, apples and oranges. If they are the compressed type, DXT1 or DXT3 they will load faster and use less resources.I hope this helpsJoe W.http://home.comcast.net/~raptor67/Joe_W/Joe_sig.jpg

I've had very similar, most commonly at the bigger airports with lots of AI. Reducing the traffic seems to have cured it.Joe's comments about AI textures not being the same format makes a lot of sense. Most of my AI aircraft are from PAI. I was using GA Traffic for a while, but have stopped due to its resource demands.Alastair

For me tha answer has been to change 32-bit textures on my own airplane to DXT3.

Check in your system properties that resources are set at "programs" and not "system cache" I had that problem when the settings are at system cache and fixed it once i set it back to programs You find the settings by right cliking my computerthen select:propertiesadvanced Tab Performance Settings Tab AdvancedHope this helps Jamie

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

Looking at the pictures, you definitely are experiencing video memory starvation (as a few others have pointed out). Steve Lacey talks about it in this blog post (read the comments)http://www.steve-lacey.com/blogarchives/20..._blurries.shtmlAs a side note, he also talks about stutters here:http://www.steve-lacey.com/blogarchives/20..._stutters.shtmlIt seems pretty obvious though...You've got a ton of third party add-ons in that scene. All those individual jets? That's a *LOT* of texture my friend. BIG textures too. Lots and lots of vertices as well. Do all those add-ons have LODs? I wonder...Cheers,Jason

>However, I had some problems. After about 40-50 minutes, every>time I switched to spot view all the textures went very blurry>- both in flight and at airports - at airports all tectures,>AI, airport scenery, ground textures etc go blurry.>It seems to happen when the aircraft textures are loading ->when I switch to Spot view everything's fine for a second,>until the aircraft textures load then everything goes blurry.>After that, it seems like FS stops loading textures - so I>also end with a half-textured 737 with the wings usually>untextured.Probably I have a workaround for you.The same thing used to happen to me, but with an ATI radeon (not an nVidia) video card.It's caused by some kind of memory management problem by (most likely) FS, leading to both texture and video memory dropping to zero.Do these 2 things:1) Enter BIOS and increase your AGP aperture size to 256MB at least. This does not remove the problem completely, but delays its appearing;2) Download one of those tweaking tools for videocards:http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=13 I use ATI tray tools, but you can pick one suitable for nVidia cards, then install it.Make sure the tool you use has the option "Reload display drivers", and if possible assign it to a key-combination (one that is not used by FS!).Every time the problem appears while you're flying, do a "Reload display drivers". It frees up again all texture and video memory, and the problem should be gone.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>Check in your system properties that resources are set at>"programs" and not "system cache" I had that problem when the>settings are at system cache and fixed it once i set it back>to programs >>You find the settings by right cliking my computer>then select:>properties>advanced Tab >Performance Settings Tab >Advanced>>Hope this helps >>>Jamie I would highly recommend NOT doing this. I seem to remember that there have been many reports by people who have tried this and it completely destroyed their Windows installation to the point where they had to reinstall Windows.Matt