Sign in to follow this  
Danny Schildmeijer

Normal checklists - 737 ng 7,8,900 - For PMDG?

Danny

The normal checklists are included with the aircraft documentation found in the PMDG Ops Center.  You can print one up for use.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

And I should advise you to take a look at FS2Crew, not only you get differs styles of checklist, but the copilot as well.

Danny

The normal checklists are included with the aircraft documentation found in the PMDG Ops Center.  You can print one up for use.

Found the Amplified Procedures in the FCOM1, isn't there a shortened version or use these First officers/Capt's just the FCOM's1 time and again?

Hello Danny

You can find the abbreviated Normal Checklist's in the 737NG's Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) PDF file that came with your software purchase/installation. (Search the QRH PDF for 'before start' or something similar, and it'll take you right to it).

These checklist's are used in the real airplane by the real pilots. They are not "read-and-do" checklists, they assume that you have completed the relevant Amplified Normal Procedures in the FCOMv1 for the stage of flight you're up to, and are used to "check" the "list"ed safety critical items have been actioned as necessary.

If you need a (unrealistic) step-by-step "read-and-do" checklist/procedure, how about a search in the avsim library or on google. Otherwise you could learn the FCOMv1 procedures if you have the time.

Good luck!

Brian Nellis

Hello Danny

You can find the abbreviated Normal Checklist's in the 737NG's Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) PDF file that came with your software purchase/installation. (Search the QRH PDF for 'before start' or something similar, and it'll take you right to it).

These checklist's are used in the real airplane by the real pilots. They are not "read-and-do" checklists, they assume that you have completed the relevant Amplified Normal Procedures in the FCOMv1 for the stage of flight you're up to, and are used to "check" the "list"ed safety critical items have been actioned as necessary.

If you need a (unrealistic) step-by-step "read-and-do" checklist/procedure, how about a search in the avsim library or on google. Otherwise you could learn the FCOMv1 procedures if you have the time.

Good luck!

:p0303: FCOM's! Didn't bought PMDG for fooling around.... :Shame On You:

But there are a lot of questions about the type 737 is equipped with PMDG and what is relevand to the FCOM1... I'm just new to PMDG thought FCOM would be difficult but nor really :luxembourg-flag: 

Thank you capt. :t4013:

I do those checklists included in the documentation in every flight. Always wondered why I'm checking to see that the pressurization mode is on auto. Watching air disasters this weekend and found out why. Helios Airways 522... yikes!

When it comes to accomplishing/learning the procedures, bear in mind that the FCOM Amplified Normal Procedures are a list of the steps, but the normal way of working (and learning them) is graphically in terms of "scan flows" that have you systematically work your way around the various panels on defined routes.

I am not entirely sure about the 737, but on the 747 for instance, you would start at the top left of the overhead, work down the left overhead panel, then back up to the top of the centre overhead and down through the centre overhead panel, then up to the top of the right overhead panel and work down before going down to the EFIS and across to the side panel and so on. As I say, you're carrying out every step that's listed in text form in the FCOM, but instead of thinking about a list of seemingly unconnected steps, you're more thinking about it as a sequence of motor actions in space (if that makes sense).

The flow diagrams are usually found in the FCTM -- do PMDG provide one with the NGX?

Boeing flight crew manuals (FCTM, FCOM, QRH) have been given with pmdg products since the 737ng, Simon.

It's up to the user to read and apply the directions contained within them. Fortunately, Danny has accepted the challenge. I'm comfident that Danny will learn the Captain/First Officer/PF/PM flows in due course, as he's already demonstrated a degree of aptitude by knowing what a Normal Checklist is.

Flying Kyle's tutorials is a minimum. It is PMDG 101 in PMDG's simulator exercise curriculum.

Regards

(jk about the curriculum btw).

Brian Nellis

Flying Kyle's tutorials is a minimum.

The NGX Tutorials are Ryan's handiwork. Should be compulsory all the same.

Kyle Rodgers

Apologies, and I agree.

Also a point I wish to correct to my above post... The flight crew manuals have been available since the 737NGX was released for fsx. Another really good reason to go with PMDG.

Brian Nellis