Sign in to follow this  
jagman

Venice Causeway

Hi All

I have the excellent Lago Venice city scenery and have just installed ISD Project LIPZ alongside.(FS9)

There seems to be a duplicate causeway linking the two locations.......

It looks like a default object crossing over the  Lago version.

Can anyone advise how to get rid of the default object ?

Thanks

David Ireland UK

If it's a default object you should be able to exclude it in the AFCAD file. It's very simple to do if you own AFX but not sure how it would be done otherwise. If you want to PM me, I can give you my email address and you can send the AFCAD to me as an attachment. I will edit it for you and send it back. As long as it's a generic scenery object, that should do the trick

Ian

the ISD project LIPZ automatically gets rid of the default scenery which is not a causeway but a wide strip of land. It would seem that you may not have installed it correctly. The afcad file is separate as it contains different gate numbers, new frequencies and also correctly designates runway 04L 22R as a taxiway. This runway is only used in an emergency or if the main runway 04R 22L is closed.

Gents

Thanks for the advice.....I have AFX so I tried an exclude but could not get one to work without blotting out

the Venice city scenery.

I found a file in the LIPZ scenery directory "ISDponte.bgl" which suggested "bridge" to me.....

I deactivated it.....and......result.....duplicate bridges gone.

To be picky....I would have liked to retain the other bridge.....because it looks better to me against the Venice scenery....

but we cannot have everything.....it will do.

By trial and error I may be able to identify the bridge bgl in the Lago scenery.....sometime. 

Regards to both

David

Have you tried changing the scenery priority...... so Lago's Venice is above LIPZ ?

Peter Schluter

The causeway in the Lago scenery is just one component of a large scenery bgl.......so it cannot be removed

individually.

So I will have to live with it !

Hey Ho

David

Now you've made me curious. I do remember I had the Lago Venice scenery and haven't had it installed for a long time. I think I'm going to hunt for it among my backed up files on my hard drive and reinstall it. I remember that I used to enjoy flying into the ISD LIPZ and looking over at that amazing city...

Glad you were able to solve your problem. I know how something like that can be a huge irritant - especially when you're an FS addict like me and everything has to be running perfectly

Cheers

Ian

In my files I have two files ISDponte.bgx and ISDponte.bgl the .bgx file does nothing.

Try changing your ISDponte from .bgl to .bgx

If anyone's interested, I have got Lago Venice (city and LIPV airfield), ISD LIPZ and UT Europe (with the QLRP4UT mod applied) all working together. UTE needed two custom SBuilder files which I'll gladly pass on somehow or upload to the library, meanwhile these are the ISD & Lago files you need to disable:

ISD Venice .bgl's:

AF2_LIPV, AP9-ISD_LIPZ-u7b, ISDponte, ISDVeneEX, ISDVenezia, LipvAL, LipvED, LipvEDdet, LipvEX1, LipvEX2, LIPVGR, LIPVILL, LipvPisg, LipzEX, LipzEX2, LIPZFH_EXC, LipxS, Venice_EX

LAGO Venice .bgl's:

AF2_LIPZ, lipz-2004, ven_excl, ven_excl_1_2004

Lago's Ponte (Bridge, Causeway, whatever!) doesn't look too bad from this angle:

Bridge_zpsb7gil9nb.jpg

And you can cruise the Grand Canal with the UTE/SBuilder files too:

Venice_zpspazvv6id.jpg

Great screenshots - but what about the smell? You can't really experience Venice sans stink! LOL. Of course, that was a very long time ago and perhaps they've got it all cleaned up now, but when I was there "back in the day" it was exquisitely beautiful and fascinating but definitely pungent!!! :lol: