Sign in to follow this  
Guest midibyte

BEV US/Canada-Fall, on the way

Guest Paul Heaney

Yeah they did that ##### Backwards.

Good news! According to their forums, the config program took a lot of time. Now that it is finished, the rest of the textures should be out much more quickly. Can't wait to try out fall!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Good! I've always prefered the Rocky Mtn. area of the western U.S. in the fall!L.Adamson

I am interested in this one as well. I see the new configurator has 512X512 texture options. The summer set made my sim studder too much. Maybe this is the answer. I have a video shoot tomorrow...darn it. Has to wait until Sunday I guess. Best regards, Jeff

I could be wrong, but wouldn't a 512x512 set be higher resolution and make stutters happen more often?

Hey everyone, I thought the default BEV autogen reloaded textures were 1024, and hearing the new configurator has a 512 option, this would perform better? But who knows...FS9 drives me nuts. When it works, it works great. When it decides to get under my skin...you know what follows. Anyway, I am in Video Production. I do Commercial,Corporate, Music,and tomorrow, the dreaded private affair. I like to changes thing up. Not to get off topic, but I was looking to produce a high end video of a few select aircraft. There is a new module out, and I was wondering if the files could be converted to MPEG4 for streaming, or any other video format? I am looking at the Eaglesoft, Carenado, Dreamfleet, and Flight1 so far. I am looking to go all the way in producing something never done before. I am planning on starting a new post asking for suggestions for which aircraft people want to see the most, as well as for simmers looking to buy a new product, but want more than just screen shots. I love what I do, and putting this together for everyone to see would be so rewarding for me. I quess it's a way of giving back to the community. So back to the textures... I assume 512 will perform better? Have a great night everyone. Best regards, JeffEDIT: Most importantly, I will, of course get permission from the developers to make the videos. I'm not sure if there is any rules out there for doing what I am planning.

sounds like an interesting line of work Jeff.Anyway, that would make sense, if the textures are 1024 then 512 would reduce stutters.one thing you might want to look at is your texture_bandwidth_multi= setting in the fs9.cfg file. Sometimes a number thats too high leads to stutters, and too low leads to very long texture loading.I have a very fast computer, but this number works perfectly, I have NO idea how someone found it out!TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=16776704

hmmm... whats your specs alex?Jeff, no permission is required to create a video using their aircraft. Atleast not that i know of. To me, that would mean getting permission to post a screenshot. Lol. :-hah:-wave

Windows XP ProAMD FX-55RADEON X850 XT1gb ddr4000 ramSONY CPD-G520 21" monitor running 1600x12004x AA 16x AFEpox nforce4 ultra motherboardcreative sb audigy 4200gb sata drive