Sign in to follow this  
Guest midibyte

BEV US/Canada-Fall, on the way

Don't be disappointed, you have a great system and judging by your screenshots you post, it looks amazing. My system is overkill really, but since I enjoy flying with 100% traffic even it struggles sometimes. Anyway, thanks to the credit card which I just paid off now and purchased all the parts the beginning of the year. But it looks like the BEV textures will not be released for a bit, maybe the end of the day, maybe tomorrow? who knows?

Yea, my system does fairly good. I really want to up my frames a little. Alot of my stuff, i lock at 30, but when i pull into clouds, i see mid 20's and heavy, multi-layer clouds, i get teens and at times, single digits. So i wanna upgrade to the X800 or X850 and up my performance. Overkill isnt a bad thing, just means you have more than you need. Thats good though. You wont have much to worry about in a few years.

I see those same frame rates in heavy weather, with detailed add on scenery and traffic. theres really nothing to do, its the limit of the game engine

Guest midibyte

Why try using a new module and spend a bunch of time trying to convert something to mpeg? Just use what is already out there and works very well. Still not sure how your video is going to be any more "high end" than any others. There is some really nice work out there as far as FS9 videos go. Just because someone uses an Avid suite doesn't necessarily make an FS video better than others. Maybe you do have a different idea on how to "changes things up", but I hope that doesnt mean you will be over using effects. You dont need a vendors permission unless you are planning on somehow profiting, so dont worry about it.

Guest midibyte

As do I. There are many folks that work in video production that dont have a shred of creativity. And creativity is all it takes to make a good video. Its not the equipment persay. However, he asked if there was a way to convert what that module records to mpeg. THAT MODULE DOESNT EVEN CAPTURE VIDEO. He should know that. Scott

Hey guys, I guess what I meant to say by changing things up, was to do a flight sim video. It is the only thing I have not done yet in regards to flight simulation. I thought it would be nice to do something different than what I do everyday. I just want to make something nice that people could enjoy, thats all. By the way, what is the module used that is already out there? This is one area I have not explored yet. I would just like to contribute something to the flight sim community. If someone knows what module I can use, that would be great. Hey Scott,I wasn't trying to start a debate with anyone. I was just trying to get more information, thats all. I did see that the new module can't record video, but I read in a thread about someone doing some type of conversion, which I thought was strange being the module can't do that. By your reply, it sounded like I touched a nerve, and I hope I didn't do that. I don't understand what I did to make you react like that. Anyway, sorry I took this thread off topic. Have a great night everyone. Best regards, Jeff

Guest midibyte

<>No nerves have been touched. Still curious as to what you mean by "high end". Maybe I will just have to wait and see your video. I use FRAPS to record FS video, then edit with iMovie. Yep, its a simple video editing program on the Mac that does just fine. Fraps is not a module by the way, its a stand alone program that records game play. Capturing clean video of FS isnt always easy either, and I have a pretty dang high end system. Scott

Hey Scott, FRAPS!!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called. Thank you! This has been driving me nuts. I use a Mac as well.I installed Tiger instead of Panther recently, which does not have iMovie, but I would assume I can use Final cut. OK, High End?... well I guess there is no such thing as high end so to speak. I just meant to produce a movie at the level of the nice ones out there that I have seen. I didn't want to just slap one together with out thinking it through first. You know, shots, transistions, music etc.... I love flight simulation so much, that this might be one project I can really enjoy. It's been a long time since I have had something new and refreshing to work on. Of course finding the time to do it is another story. Anyway, thanks for your help. Are you looking to get the Fall textures when they are released? I can't wait until all the seasons are covered, so I can just go with the system time and season. Have a nice day. Best regards, Jeff

Guest midibyte

Hey Jeff,Sent you an email.Scott