Sign in to follow this  
PC Pilot Dave

"SODE" error after installing Aerosoft's Kilimanjaro airport add-on

Hi all,

Was hoping someone could help me out. I recently purchased Aerosoft's Kilimanjaro Airport add-on through Steam. However, after installing the add-on I get the below error message each time I launch FSX:

Flight Simulator is attempting to start "SODE" (Version 1.1.0.0, Config Entry Number 2). Do you want to run this program?

DLC\379550\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe

After uninstalling the airport add-on, the message stopped appearing. Has anyone encountered this before? 

Many thanks for your feedback and support. It is greatly appreciated! 

Dave

SODE has a history of giving folks grief.  Take a look at the lengthy thread on the Aerosoft scenery forums. The dev is very active in assisting users with issues.

DJ

Flight Simulator is attempting to start "SODE" (Version 1.1.0.0, Config Entry Number 2). Do you want to run this program?

Looks less like an error and more like the program wasn't set to True in the <Launch.Manual Load> tag in .EXE.XML.

Next time you get the message, answer Yes and you should be fine.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

SODE has a history of giving folks grief.  Take a look at the lengthy thread on the Aerosoft scenery forums. The dev is very active in assisting users with issues.

DJ

Thanks, I'll check over there as well.

Looks less like an error and more like the program wasn't set to True in the <Launch.Manual Load> tag in .EXE.XML.

Next time you get the message, answer Yes and you should be fine.

Thanks for the info. I select Yes each time the error message comes up, but it comes back the next time I launch FSX:SE. Is there something else I should be doing? 

Its Not an Error,  FSX is asking You for "Permissions" to Run SODE 

You could try this  (Give FSX Permission to Run SODE) 

Go to: >  AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX   DLL.XML   Right Click  Open with < Notepad

Change this  <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>  To This  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Its Not an Error,  FSX is asking You for "Permissions" to Run SODE 

You could try this  (Give FSX Permission to Run SODE) 

Go to: >  AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX   DLL.XML   Right Click  Open with < Notepad

Change this  <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>  To This  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Thanks. I browsed to the DLL.XML file but did not see the text you listed anywhere in the document unfortunately :/

I do not use SODE so i cant tell you how it works when using with different Scenery Add On's.  

But

When you Install SODE it will Install to a Default Location  ► Local Disk © ► Program Files (x86) ► 12bPilot ► SODE  

To Activate "Register"  SODE  go to the above location, Right Click on SODEPlatformManager.exe  and run as administrator  This will bring up a Box "Sode Platform Manager"  Click Register 

By doing this you will Add The above Entry (my last post)  into your dll.xml file.  To turn off SODE Click Unregister  This will remove the Entry in total.

If you see the Permissions message again you can follow my last Post to  "Give it permissions" to run in FSX  

I do not use SODE so i cant tell you how it works when using with different Scenery Add On's.  

But

When you Install SODE it will Install to a Default Location  ► Local Disk © ► Program Files (x86) ► 12bPilot ► SODE  

To Activate "Register"  SODE  go to the above location, Right Click on SODEPlatformManager.exe  and run as administrator  This will bring up a Box "Sode Platform Manager"  Click Register 

By doing this you will Add The above Entry (my last post)  into your dll.xml file.  To turn off SODE Click Unregister  This will remove the Entry in total.

If you see the Permissions message again you can follow my last Post to  "Give it permissions" to run in FSX  

Thanks, I'll give this a try this weekend!

But

Just a quick update - 

I tried searching for SODEPlatformManager.exe in the location you described above, but could not find that file path (there was no 12bPIlot folder). I also tried running SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe as administrator, but it made no difference. A search of my entire PC for SODEPlatformManager.exe yielded no results.

Interestingly though - I bought a few additional add-ons during Steam's FSX flash sale. Most of the add-ons installed fine. Steam installed them, and when I launched FSX it asked me if I wanted to run a specific component > I'd hit Run > and then I'd get the second prompt from Windows asking if I wanted to run that same component and I would again hit Run. After that I wouldn't see those messages anymore.

But one of the add-ons I purchased (Air Alaska Add-On) has the same issue. I only get the first prompt from FSX asking if I want to run the component (pictured below). I never get the second prompt from Windows asking if I want to run that same component. 

https://flic.kr/p/Ng6Kkb

it will be in your start menu as well under i think its called simobjects display engine

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Might not be your best solution but I installed Kilimanjaro into P3D by first installing it into a "fake" FSX folder on a PC that did not have FSX or P3D installed and then copying the folder structure into my P3D without any SODE folders or SODE entries and the airport works perfectly. Not sure what SODE actually brings to Kilimanjaro but you would not miss it. Similar procedure might work for FSX Steam.

It is a great airport scenery in what is a continent mostly ignored by scenery developers.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Interestingly though - I bought a few additional add-ons during Steam's FSX flash sale. Most of the add-ons installed fine. Steam installed them, and when I launched FSX it asked me if I wanted to run a specific component > I'd hit Run > and then I'd get the second prompt from Windows asking if I wanted to run that same component and I would again hit Run. After that I wouldn't see those messages anymore

Go back now have a peep at the <ManualLoad> Entries in your dll.xml and your exe.xml file to insure you have them set to False

Go to: >  AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX   DLL.XML  EXE.XML   Right Click  Open with < Notepad

Change this  <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>  To This  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>   In all the Entries and Save them 

=======================

Also, Check your UAC User Account Control,  Maybe this is the reason for Windows "asking Permission"   Type UAC into your windows search bar,  Drag down to Never Notify  Click Ok 

Go back now have a peep at the <ManualLoad> Entries in your dll.xml and your exe.xml file to insure you have them set to False

Go to: >  AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX   DLL.XML  EXE.XML   Right Click  Open with < Notepad

Change this  <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>  To This  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>   In all the Entries and Save them 

=======================

Also, Check your UAC User Account Control,  Maybe this is the reason for Windows "asking Permission"   Type UAC into your windows search bar,  Drag down to Never Notify  Click Ok 

Thank you very much for your continued help, it is truly appreciated. 

I confirmed that UAC is set to "Never notify". I went back and checked the DLL.XML file and the EXE.XML file. In the EXE.XML file, I found one <ManualLoad> which had TRUE and changed it to FALSE:

This did prevent those pop-ups from displaying when FSX launched! I went and tested both of the add-ons that were causing me issue:

• The Air Alaska add-on seemed to work fine (I tested a minute or two of the first mission w/o issue). Though it did take maybe 30-45 seconds for the loading bar to progress past 0% - if that means anything
  • The Kilimanjaro airport add-on did not load when I tried to start a flight there. It appears only the default scenery loaded

I should also note, that I used the Steam client to uninstall all of the FSX DLC (I unchecked the Install box), rebooted, and then installed each DLC item again (checked the install box and let the download/install take place), launched FSX, closed FSX, and then installed the next DLC item.

When I checked the scenery library in FSX I did not see anything in the list which referenced Kilimanjaro or Aerosoft - though, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure the exact phrase I was looking for.

Again - I sincerely appreciate all of the assistance. Thank you! 

I see now why you could Not find SODE on your PC,  Its actually built into the Kilimanjaro Airport DLC,  So when you Uninstalled the DLC,   Sode also gets Uninstalled.  FSX is Not my strong point. 

============

Can't see the Airport ? 

(1) You have "Ticked"  the box for Kilimanjaro Airport DLC  But it still says Not Installed.  In this case,  Log out of your Steam Account (Don't X out of it, Log out) and Sign back in again, The DLC should Download now and Install.  

(2)  You have "Ticked"  the box for Kilimanjaro Airport DLC and it says Installed but there is no Listing for it in your scenery Library.  Restart FSX and check again

Still No go.......

In this case Launch FSX,   Go to settings > Scenery Library > Add Area  Navigate to............. 

► Program Files (x86) ► Steam ► steamapps ►common ► FSX ► DLC ► 3xxxxx ► Aerosoft  Click  Kilimanjaro Airport   Click Ok 

• Upvote 1

That did it! I was able to manually load the scenery. Now when I launch FSX I do not get a prompt from either the Kilimanjaro airport DLC or the Air Alaska missions DLC (and both seem to work properly). 

Thank you VERY much for your help Poppet! It is truly appreciated!

• Upvote 1