Sign in to follow this  
stephenbgs

My First Build, Finally!

Hey all, No questions here just a happy simmer

After a few years of saving for a house and getting married last April, i was finally able to save and buy parts for my new build and stop using P3D with and AMD 7770 series GPU and an i7 2600 (non k) Dell PC

What a difference its completely reignited my passion for flight sim.And thanks to Robs P3D guide which came out right on time i am experiencing flight sim like never before & i haven't even switched to 4k monitor yet.

My New Build:

Asus z-170 deluxe 

32 GB Crosair dominator platinum 3000mhz

i7 6700 k

Corsair H100i v2 water cooler

3 x 1 TB Samsung evo SSD

1 x 500GB scandisdisk SSD for OS Win 10 64 bit

Nvidia Titan Pascal 

I was planning on adding another Pascal Titan in a few months but i'm not sure i need to  YET :wink:  

My only regret is not putting P3D on NVMe drive or m.2 but from what i could see the difference would be minimal.

Its still early days and so far i only have PMDG 777, My Traffic 6, FTX Global, England, Ireland, ASN and Aerosoft Dublin Airport added.I Installed these first as i was only getting 6fps on my previous PC so far it averages around 50fps in the 777, i expect this will drop when i add Rex texture direct and my other addons 

Anyway its nice to be back behind the virtual cockpit once again

• Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

So far so good 3 days in and no drop in fps with REX TD installed, Flightbeam KIAD and KDEN, only problem with lack of frames is with UK2000 Heathrow which brings it down to the mid teens, this is a shame since i have all of Gary's UK2000 airports and its discouraging me from installing more.

I have a new found respect for people who take pride in there cable management, so far it was the most annoying part of the build i have four Hard drive trays removed just so i could squeeze GPU powercord through, my own fault for going with a mid tower h440 from nzxt, nice case but for my first build wish i gave myself a little more room to maneuver

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Nice report thanks hehe

I would love to do a new build. Mines ok 2500k GTX 970 but it suffers with higher settings / complex addons.

I've heard UK2000 stuff is rough - it's great to hear about your higher fps though with all those addons!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was planning on adding another Pascal Titan in a few months but i'm not sure i need to  YET  :wink:  

Save your money Stephen. In won't help you in the sim, or at least barely noticeable. To be honest with a hefty Titan you don't need SLI in games either. And I have heard that SLI can be troublesome.

I have a new found respect for people who take pride in there cable management, so far it was the most annoying part of the build i have four Hard drive trays removed just so i could squeeze GPU powercord through, my own fault for going with a mid tower h440 from nzxt, nice case but for my first build wish i gave myself a little more room to maneuver

I'm utterly obsessive about it. Mind you I am an OCD sufferer so it makes sense.

I don't stop until the cable management is a work or art. I could build super fast, instead I take days over my builds.

Back in the day, Leonardo DeVinci was commissioned to paint a ceiling. In those days it was necessary to paint on the plaster while it was wet. Not happy with this, Leonardo invented his own plaster that could be painted on dry. That way he could take as long as he liked to create a master piece.

It was a failure, the paint soon flaked off. But you get the picture, the longer you take the more likely you are to create a masterpiece.   :smile:

I've heard UK2000 stuff is rough

Where did you hear that? Whilst Heathrow Xtreme version 3 can be quite demanding (with lots of detailed AI planes), framerates at all of my other UK2000 airports are fine.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png