Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin H

Nvidia Inspector | Texture Filtering - Quality | Quality or High Quality

Hi!

A short question today. I have been wondering about this for quite some time. Read a lot about 

it, but I can't find an explanation for this setting when it comes to P3D.

What is the difference between the setting quality and high quality besides the texture filtering - quality option in

Nvidia Inspector for P3D?

Only things I have changed in my profile is pre rendered frames to 1, 4xSGSS AA, Single Monitor performance and prefer maximum performance.

Within P3D my textures are set to 1024 and AA according to NVI. 

I see that Rob recommends High Quality in his NVI profile that is covered on his page. 

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:NVIDIA_Inspector

Here's a link to most of the definitions when using Nvidia Profile Inspector

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

A short question today. I have been wondering about this for quite some time. Read a lot about
it, but I can't find an explanation for this setting when it comes to P3D.

Some info here but re same NV control panel options:

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html

Assuming the implementation of the texture filtering options are the same in NVCP and NI

don't be surprised if you can see no difference in the image quality between them.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have read a lot about the different options (performance, high perf, quality and high quality), but I can not

find anything related to P3D and what it changes within. 

I have found this thread regarding FSX:SE, does this apply to P3D? https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/627456486403159899/

The explanation seems legit, but I have not found any confirmation on this.

Benjamin Hennes

I have read a lot about the different options (performance, high perf, quality and high quality), but I can not

find anything related to P3D and what it changes within. 

I have found this thread regarding FSX:SE, does this apply to P3D? https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/627456486403159899/

The explanation seems legit, but I have not found any confirmation on this.

Yes it would same platform basically but if your using P3D profile in NCP its all ready set to quality all ready  

Rich Sennett

Yes it would same platform basically but if your using P3D profile in NCP its all ready set to quality all ready  

Okey, then why do people set it to high quality if there is no different from quality when it comes to P3D? From what I have read it can have a performance hit so it seems strange to have it at high quality if it can bring the FPS down (even if it is minimal).

Benjamin Hennes

Okey, then why do people set it to high quality if there is no different from quality when it comes to P3D? From what I have read it can have a performance hit so it seems strange to have it at high quality if it can bring the FPS down (even if it is minimal).

Good post Ben - most probably are not aware of this, honestly I wasnt either so thanks  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Good post Ben - most probably are not aware of this, honestly I wasnt either so thanks  :wink:

Thanks, I was not aware of it until a few days ago when I updated my driver for my GPU using "clean install". I could not remember if I had it at high quality or not, so that is why I have 

read quite a bit about it the past few days  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Benjamin Hennes

Did a performance test to compare quality to high quality when it comes to frames. Scenario were PMDG 777 at FlyTampa Dubai in VC for 5 minutes. 5 with quality and 5 using high quality. Average

frames during the test according to the FSUIPC log were 54.2 and 54.4 so I guess there is not any performance hit after all. This brings me closer to conclude that there is no difference from quality to high quality. Image 

quality seemed identical, but this just makes me more curious about it. Does or do not P3D take use of the things the texture filtering controls in NVI.

Benjamin Hennes