Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ProATC X - New Version

My update begins to download and then hangs forever at about half way (no progress information available)...anyone else experiencing this?

I have that too, let it stand 20 minutes before manually closing that popup

Windows 10

Will subsequently not update, says it already has, but version # in corner is the old one

pity

UPDATED I just went back and ran the old version which was now on auto update and now it DID request download/install [permission, which i granted, and it all installed quite nicely and quickly.  BRAVO

The voice sets that we made in the last few months were very good, and a script was used, and they were edited for quality. Some of the voices that are standard with the program are poor quality.

That's my point, I'm sure the voice packs you guys created was very good, but you were under a controlled Beta testing environment. You created the voice pack tested it, other Beta testers I'm sure provided feedback as well. If you just open that to the general user, like they did in the past you will end up with the same type of inconsistencies we have seen, unless resources are provided to quality check them before making them available to everyone else.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The other problem is that PF3 (and a few other ATC products) break the immersion before you even start the flight. What would happen in the real world if you filed your route as a FSX flight plan to ATC? How far would you get?

We all have our preferences. For me, having navdata/AIRAC support is a must. If an ATC program doesn't understand the routes you can find from flightaware or eurofpl, then it's not for me. PFPX understand these flight plans and so does ProATC. That is the way I like to fly.

(Also having ATC know the real world SIDs/STARs/approaches without having the user enter the data is a huge time saver)

I agree.

I tried the PF3 demo to check their voices and options.

When I seen how the user had to manually enter the SID/STAR data I uninstalled the PF3 demo.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That's my point, I'm sure the voice packs you guys created was very good, but you were under a controlled Beta testing environment. You created the voice pack tested it, other Beta testers I'm sure provided feedback as well. If you just open that to the general user, like they did in the past you will end up with the same type of inconsistencies we have seen, unless resources are provided to quality check them before making them available to everyone else.

They were quality checked by the person running that site that distributed them, in fact he worked weeks on each voice. He was doing that for each voice set that was submitted, and it wasn't put on his website, until he carefully checked it. The voices were much better than the default voices that are now the only thing left in the latest version of PATC. Don't bother downloading any of these, because they won't work in the new version of PATC.    http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html

Yes this is how I run PF3, the additional tools such as the text prompt and the displayer program for the possible available ATC requests only really make sense on a networked PC, in my case an old laptop

I use two monitors, one for P3D and the other for Pf3 display, GTN 650, and Plan G.  Works great. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Don't bother downloading any of these, because they won't work in the new version of PATC.

He is working on making them compatible. Here's he's latest post on the forums: "I'm fixing the voice packs, please be patient, you will have them working soon! Keep an eye on this thread!"

• Upvote 1

He is working on making them compatible. Here's he's latest post on the forums: "I'm fixing the voice packs, please be patient, you will have them working soon! Keep an eye on this thread!"

That is real good news.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That sounds promising. It shoud have been mentioned sooner,

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I too suffered the predicted server overload over the weekend but gladly though, seeing it as a positive sign ... 

The built-in update worked flawlessly at breakfast this morning and installed like a charm. Aligned using latest makerunways (thank you Peter), imported my most recent AIRAC data and climbed into the NGX for a quick hop from Auckland to Wellington, NZ. Didn't bother entering a SID or STAR and found the vectoring to Rwy 34 very acceptable indeed. Clever stuff!

I have tried them all and liked them for different reasons. But ATC-PRO/X is quick to setup, has a moving map, is immersive (need to install more voices though), has a simple interface, is full of promise and thus my ATC of choice. 

Very thankful for and impressed with this update. It makes PATC, in my book anyway, the bee's pyjamas. 

Gareth

LEAL

• Upvote 2

Near the end of the beta testing, they decided to eliminate all the additional voices we created, for testing purposes. Well I downloaded the new version today, and my voice set as well as some others are now gone, which is what I figured was going to happen.

Hi Bob,

I've been using your controller voice set for the past several weeks in ProATC during final beta tests... unfortunately you jumped ship before I was able to share the modifications with you.  I've been communicating with Marcel and he already has everything he needs to adapt all the controller voices to the new version.  He should be aware of the required changes for the pilot sets by the end of the week.

MD

• Upvote 1

Will the voice packs be free?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Near future? Do you think it will be before the year is over?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Near future? Do you think it will be before the year is over?

I can't speak for Marcel; but I imagine that he will re-release each set individually once they're adapted to the new version.  I'm guessing some new sets will be available before the end of the month.  In the meantime, the new release has a brand new pilot and controller set (mine) and the original voices have been re-done... they're still not perfect; but they are definitely improved.

• Upvote 2

I can't speak for Marcel; but I imagine that he will re-release each set individually once they're adapted to the new version.  I'm guessing some new sets will be available before the end of the month.  In the meantime, the new release has a brand new pilot and controller set (mine) and the original voices have been re-done... they're still not perfect; but they are definitely improved.

is that you doing the co-pilot voice for the c-47 also? 

cheers

-andy crosby

Yes, Marcel's voicepacks at http://mavecreations.weebly.com/voices-for-proatcx.html are free.  They are not currently compatible with the latest version of ProATC/X... but they should be in the near future.

& given with the PATC update, the more extensive MAVE callsign list now (soon) work with UT2 directly ... previously with UT2, the files needed to be renamed (eg speedbird had to be renamed britishairways to be heard) !

for now, cheers

john martin