Baku to Frankfurt with the Tu-134

... against all noise restrictions...

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB1_zpswvwmejze.jpg

Passing the row

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB3_zpsvpifz0oy.jpg

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB4_zpsuf8n5ut1.jpg

Apsheron peninsula

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB6_zpsus9tszgu.jpg

Looking down to her home airport: Tbilisi (the airport to the right; the left one is Soganlugi/Veli airfield)

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB7_zpsthriarqq.jpg

The snow-capped mountains of Greater Caucasus

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB8_zpsb1efwfmu.jpg

The mountains of Lesser Caucasus are not less impressive

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB9_zps9pux3vno.jpg

After hours: the first look at Frankfurt.

Approaching Frankfurt was not that funny: ATC failed to advice me to sink early enough (like so often), so that it was difficult to fly the choosen PSA07S STAR

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB12_zpsra7lsw1x.jpg

But then I'm on the glide path. Note that the ground textures of the airport add-on don't fit the FS9Evo textures very well.

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB15_zpstrnmsdcf.jpg

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB16_zpsl3x6rlxq.jpg

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB17_zpsvnev5gsc.jpg

That was narrow

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB19_zpsncfy5yjr.jpg

Between the big guys

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB20_zpsvz0fw8qj.jpg

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB23_zpsuxwfnu6q.jpg

Some immediate spotting. I travelled round the world to watch this bird at Dushanbe...

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB25_zpscbs4lekb.jpg

... but this combination is unique to Frankfurt. (While in general in terms of AI traffic, Frankfurt is not overly interesting; Lufthansa, Lufthansa, Lufthansa.)

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB26_zpsopd3m67z.jpg

Last picture.

161007%20Tu-134%20UBBB24_zpssyznrpup.jpg

Have fun!

Regards,

Harald

• Upvote 2

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Great detailed custom airports...outstanding!

HLJAMES

Superb trip, Harald. I just download the Tu-134 and will see, whether I can get it to work in P3D 3.49. The Tu-154B works great

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Wonderful Harald! :Applause:

I have shot Gigabytes of footage of my UBBB/EDDF flight and have yet to edit the video.

I too departed UBBB rwy 35 but arrived at EDDF rwy 25L KERAX 2L Star. FSATC was not too clever in getting me down early enough either but I had already done a test flight and anticipated this. (This could be fixed by re-writing the approach)

I'm sorry to say I opted for the IL76TD-90SW so the engine note will not be as sweet. :sad:

Great to see your Tu-134 flying again....... where to next I wonder?

• Upvote 1

As always Harald, absolutely wonderful screenshots and also as always, fascinating to see aircraft that I rarely see in my own setup. (Mostly my FlyTampa Kai Tak for which I have an entirely "retro" AI setup that includes several "classic" Soviet-era aircraft...)

No wonder people still run FS9! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Many thanks HLJames, Bernd, Ed, Sascha, Erich, Ian and Mark for your comments! I'm glad you like the pictures.

No wonder people still run FS9! :cool:

The credits for this fact go to those who still develop add-ons for FS9, may it be freeware or payware. At least two of those are between the posters here!

I'm sorry to say I opted for the IL76TD-90SW so the engine note will not be as sweet. :sad:

Hm, I asked myself recently if a Tu-134 could be retrofitted with more modern engines. Given the pure age of the most Tu-134 nacelles this may be, even if technical possible, not really economic. And I guess it would destroy the look of the wonderful Tu-134.

fascinating to see aircraft that I rarely see in my own setup.

In my setup, contrary to the real world, the number of those AI aircraft as Tu-134s, Tu-154s etc even grows! And may it be as "scrapyards" or as exhibition pieces of an aviation museum, they're still there...

Where to fly next: I think about encirceling the North Pole... Via Iceland, Greenland, Canada, Alaska, and then visiting many remote and exotic Russian airports.

Wish you all the best

Harald

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Nice to follow your exploits, Harald.

ground textures of the airport add-on don't fit the FS9Evo textures
Yes I find the EVO textures a little too saturated in many instances.

Here's a set made up (mainly) of GE PRO which fits better I feel:

KhQQd9.jpg

I asked myself recently if a Tu-134 could be retrofitted with more modern engines. Given the pure age of the most Tu-134 nacelles this may be, even if technical possible, not really economic. And I guess it would destroy the look of the wonderful Tu-134.

I agree with you. By the way, such attempt had been made. And the result was Tu-334. However the project was sacrificied in favour of Sukhoi SuperJet as it was impossible to keep both projects going on.

uwks, thanks for the info! I watched a picture of the 334; this design has nothing in common with the sleek, elegant silhouette of the 134. It seems that this wonderful plane has to be preserved in museums and flight simulators.

(By the way, the Sukhoi Superjet seems to be a well-constructed plane. I can regularly see it here at Dresden flying from and to UUEE.)

Regarding the ground textures of the EDDF add-on: It seems that their very greyish look contrasts with most FS-wide ground textures more or less. So the contrast to the lush green Evo textures is even bigger.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Regarding the ground textures of the EDDF add-on: It seems that their very greyish look contrasts with most FS-wide ground textures more or less. So the contrast to the lush green Evo textures is even bigger.

Indeed, UK2000, LHS or TropicalSim scenery fit EVO better. Never understood why Aerosoft gos in for that washed out look, I guess it has to be because of default compatibility?

Regarding the ground textures of the EDDF add-on: It seems that their very greyish look contrasts with most FS-wide ground textures more or less. So the contrast to the lush green Evo textures is even bigger

Reminds me of UK2000 EGLL.

I just google mapped EDDF ..... the airport grass looks very washed out there also compared to the surrounding area.