Sign in to follow this  
Raller

PA31 350 Chieftain - Picture judders after turning on the Avionic in P3D

Hello,

i use a lot of Airplanes in P3D v3.3.5, A2As, PMDGs, Carenados, RealAir and of course Alabeo Saratoga and the new PA31 Chieftain.

The only Airplane in the hole Fleet that makes the Picture judder is the Chieftain. If i turn the Avionic OFF in the cockpit during flight, the Picture is smooth and everything is ok.

But if i turn the Avionic back ON in the cockpit, the Screen beginns to judder in a second rythm. There is no pleasure in flight with that stuttering.

Like i said, this occurs only with the Alabeo Chieftain. Can anyone confirm this problem and is there a solution to solve the problem?

Kind Regards

Ralf

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Hello,

i use a lot of Airplanes in P3D v3.3.5, A2As, PMDGs, Carenados, RealAir and of course Alabeo Saratoga and the new PA31 Chieftain.

The only Airplane in the hole Fleet that makes the Picture judder is the Chieftain. If i turn the Avionic OFF in the cockpit during flight, the Picture is smooth and everything is ok.

But if i turn the Avionic back ON in the cockpit, the Screen beginns to judder in a second rythm. There is no pleasure in flight with that stuttering.

Like i said, this occurs only with the Alabeo Chieftain. Can anyone confirm this problem and is there a solution to solve the problem?

Kind Regards

Ralf

Hi Ralf, just reinstalled, not used for awhile,( since I upgraded to P3D ver 3.4.), All I can say its working ok, maybe a fresh download and reinstall.

bob

This past weekend PC Aviator had a huge sale, so I bought and installed the Alabeo Chieftain.  My initial impression is that it is a real resource hog.  It is far slower loading and the textures take much longer to fill in than with the Carenado Navajo.  I suspect the Chieftain's poor performance is due to the Garmin G600 and Avidyne displays combined with the GNS-530.  Carenado and Alabeo seem to have a history of poorly performing glass displays.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello, thanks for your replies.

Funny, i also saw the Chieftain on sale at PC Aviator and was happy to own now an Aircraft with Digital-Panel. I use GTN750, but no matter if i install GNS530 or GTN750, it judders. Only when i turn off the hole Avionic, the flight is smooth again.

I agree, that the problem seems to be too much Digital-Hightech-Gauges. Too bad.

If i fly in areas with no addon-scenery it is barely noticeable. But if i fly in my favorite areas (with UTX, GEP3D, AS16, Germany North, Airport Berlin) it is bothering.

I try to record a Video to show it.

Greeting from Germany

Ralf

PS: BTW, i also use Orbx Trees HD, looks good but most importantly it increases the P3D performance noticeable. But with the Chieftain even this reaches its limits ;-)

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

I try to record a Video to show it.

I installed the GTN750 to run a test for you but still smooth here. and good frame rates in ORBX PNW., AS16 with Rex SoftClouds.

I'm running a I7 4770 with a GeForce 980Ti gpu.

AM=85 and all other addons on LP's 3 & 5 except for the GTN750 of which I have just swapped it from Auto in the Flight1 config to Core 4 (LP3)

, this seemed to make it a bit better.( there was a very slight stutter on the GTN screen)

bob

Hi Bob,

i also played around with the Affinity Mask a long time ago and the best for me is AM=7. GTN750 works in automode on Core 4 and with no HT it was the best overall setting, till the Chieftain comes ;-)

I have a I5 3570K with 8GB Ram and a GTX960 with FPS permanently set to 27. It works on the edge but relative smooth with all my Addons and Airplanes. Maybe it's not enough for the Chieftain.

Avionic OFF

https://youtu.be/HJtDVJz5G14

Avionic ON

https://youtu.be/FU8glqJxMP0

Maybe it's not enough for the Chieftain.

looking at both clips there is alot of stutters, you say other default or addon planes don't have it.

I see the cpu is a 4 core with out HT, so your right in not using AM. At a loss to suggest anything if its the case its just the chieftain.

bob

looking at both clips there is alot of stutters

I know, like i said, the system is operating to full capacity. The terrain stutters a little bit once in a while, that's acceptable to me. But with the Chieftain the Airplane itselfs stutters with small jumps.

Howsoever, i try a few more fine-tuning-settings to get the best out of my hardware...

Kind regards

Raller

PS: For the Videos i used the newest Nvidia driver 373.06.

Over a long period of time i tested all the Nvidia drivers and figured out, that the 368.39 is the best for me. With this one i have the least stutter and it is just a little smoother in P3D then all the others. So i went all the time back to the 368.39.

For those who are interested, give it a try...

I too see this (quite severe) stuttering but only when the fuel/payload weight is adjusted.  The stuttering will then only go away  1) when I take off  or 2) if I reload the a/c.  It's a flippin' nuisance and I believe Alabeo are aware of the problem but whether they'll do anything about it.... well, I'm not holding my breath  :Shame On You:   Shame really as apart from that I've found it to be an excellent 'plane.

Does this comment relate back to this thread too?

If so I've found no relief from the shaking on the ground or in the air when turning off momentum effect.  I don't think its an AM thing.