Sign in to follow this  
G-BANX

FSX:SE Simconnect Guide/Help

Hi All,

Decided yesterday that I'm going to move years of summing work into FSX-SE due to performance increases.

I run a network setup using two machines, one for gaming, one for support with programs such as EFB, ASCA, AS2016.

I always used to use froogles sim connect video to get everything working

but that's kind of irrelevant now..

Does anyone have a link to a decent video or text guide for getting this stuff working again??

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Decided yesterday that I'm going to move years of summing work into FSX-SE due to performance increases.

I run a network setup using two machines, one for gaming, one for support with programs such as EFB, ASCA, AS2016.

I always used to use froogles sim connect video to get everything working but that's kind of irrelevant now..

Does anyone have a link to a decent video or text guide for getting this stuff working again??

Thanks in advance

I can't help specifically with network setup but take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpJmJ4wfzA for installing the legacy simconnects which many add-ons need in FSX-SE. As he says in the video, it's best to install all three of the legacy simconnects just to be safe. As a slight warning, don't believe the early publicity about a massive increase in performance with FSX-SE. It has less out-of-memory problems but, personally, I saw little difference in performance when compared to the boxed version. That said, I like it and it does seem somehow smoother overall.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I can't help specifically with network setup but take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpJmJ4wfzA for installing the legacy simconnects which many add-ons need in FSX-SE. As he says in the video, it's best to install all three of the legacy simconnects just to be safe. As a slight warning, don't believe the early publicity about a massive increase in performance with FSX-SE. It has less out-of-memory problems but, personally, I saw little difference in performance when compared to the boxed version. That said, I like it and it does seem somehow smoother overall.

I have seen this one but it's not that straight forward with networking and it seems the server xml files have changed and possibly the location of where they go