Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSUIPC DEAD...

Are you using the registered (payware) version? I think that's required for the calibration functions.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Tophatter

Have you posted on the FSUIPC forum?Bud

As noted, you have to have your own paid registration key, not one furnished by payware, to use axes calibration. Perhaps during installation of an add-on your key file was overwritten with a limited one.In the modules folder check the FSUIPC.ini file for the registration type but more important look at the FSUIPC.log file to see what is going on. Both can be examined with a text editor.Here is an example extract from my .log file:********* FSUIPC, Version 3.507 by Pete Dowson *********Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)User Name="xxxxxxxxx"User Addr="xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx"FSUIPC Key is providedWIDEFS not user registered, or expiredModule base=61000000ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5EWeatherOptions(Orig)=6000B78F[6000B78F]InitDelay: 0 secondsWeatherReadInterval=16LogOptions=00000001DebugStatus=15 7731 System time = 15:42:32 7731 H:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 7731 System time = 15:42:32, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z) 22913 FLIGHTSOTHERFLTSIM.flt 23003 AIRCRAFTc172Cessna172SP.air 23384 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP" 35030 Module [M1] identified = "ActiveRadar.dll" 35030 Module [M1] "ActiveRadar.dll" access registration is okay 35030 Module [M2] identified = "PMDGOptions.DLL" 35040 Module [M2] "PMDGOptions.DLL" access registration is okay 35040 Module [M3] identified = "simhardware.dll" 35040 Module [M3] "simhardware.dll" access registration is okayIn the fifth line you can see it accepted my full registration key. Further down self registering accredation is accepted.Hope this helps.

Like I said.. IT`S FULLY REGISTERED AND WAS WORKING BEFORE, NOW IT`S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!I can go into the "window" of throttle calibration in FSUIPC but it

OK, Johan, there's no need to be so rude - people are only trying to help. I suggest you take Bud's advice and visit the FSUIPC form - you'll find it at http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54. Peter Dowson himself will be there to help you solve your problem but, if you'll take some friendly advice, don't shout at him with capital letters and exclamation marks - he's not noted for his tolerance of such things.Pete

OK. I just gave you an extract of my log file for you to compare your own against. I have never had a limited version 3 so I did not know about the calibration window not opening.I was concerned that perhaps one of your add-ons _overwrote your .ini or .key file_ (which happened to me once but I had all FSUIPC files backed up and I had to restore my .key file and .ini file). When an add-on is installed that uses FSUIPC its own code is supposed to check to see if you are fully registered and not amend your .ini or mess up your .key file. From your description stating that the window will not open if not registered it sounds like there is another problem.I suggest you look at the .log file before going to Pete's forums for other clues. It is recreated every time FS9 starts FSUIPC so when you look at it it is your last session. See if it gave any errors when you tried your calibration or see if any axis or joystick entries are in there.You can also try renaming your FSUIPC.ini file and let it build a new one at your next FS9 session just in case something is corrupted.Here from my FSUIPC.ini file is my joystick calibration section so you can see if it is in your.ini or there is any .ini file corruption:[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0Throttle=-15723,16192/8Aileron=-7040,0,512,7040/8Elevator=-7040,0,0,7040CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeRudder=9PropPitch=-16193,16192/8ExclThrottleSet=NoSepRevsJetsOnly=NoReverser1Control=66422Reverser2Control=66425Reverser3Control=66428Reverser4Control=66431Rudder=-15558,0,0,15557FYI I am using beta version 3.507. The latest release is 3.50. I think there was one version 3.4x that was quick pulled because of the problem you describe. You can check the history notes if you like by downloading the latest version if you do not have it.Pete is very good at providing support at the link posted in the other reply. When he is not on vacation his replies are quick. Keep in mind he is in the U.K.

Ok guys.. Yep it had been overwritten, the FSUIPC.. I forgot to mention that it shut down my control panels and locked up my keyboard when using the PMDG

Glad you got that far :).By dead keyboard are you referring to FSUIPC key mapping assignments? In you .ini that should be under a function called buttons.If not in your .ini add a section called (left bracket)buttons(right braket) -- the forum has difficulty showing square bracket symbols.The try the assignments function again.With version 2.50 (and later) FSUIPC can assign buttons and calibrations to the aircraft active at the time you open it as an option. I bring this up just so you are aware of it and if model names show up in your .ini. This lets you for example map a throttle idle to use reverse thrust on a turbo-prop or jet that accomodates it or no reverse thrust on a standard piston. This allows you to use the bottom limit of your thrust control as idle or as max reverse thrust as you see fit for each aircrasft.Think about what add-on might have overwritten your files. It looks like the joystick and buttons sections got wiped off the end of the .ini. Did you have an FS crash during recalibration? If so that could have wiped the sections. If you know what add-on caused this issue please share your thoughts.Alternately, it might be best to rename your current .ini and let FSUIPC rebuild it. If you now have a good joystick section in your current file you can copy/paste it into the fresh one with notepad avoiding to have to go through recalibration again.When updating FSUIPC or add-ons using it, I always make a copy of all FSUIPC files in another folder. Not trying to nag here but PCs all by themselves can corrupt files during file writes.Lastly, it comes to mind that there was one major upgrade where the realease notes stated reassignment and recalibration was necessary if I recall - quite a few months ago.I suggest you get at least 3.50 and read the changes documented in the release notes. Always unpack FSUIPC into a new folder named with its version. You can then copy/paste fsuipc.dll into the modules folder overwriting the current version. I save the last few versions this way so I can go back if necessary. As stated before, I always save copies of all current FSUIPC files in the modules folder to another folder to provide a "capture" of a known state so I can go back if necessary.The release notes and history documentation is on line at Pete's forum noted above pinned in the first few topics. You can check what's going on without downloading just to get notes.

This sounds as if the keyboard key assignments have been corrupted.Try saving your existing copy of fs9.cfg somewhere then delete it and allow FS2004 to rebuild a new default one when it next loads. This should get you back the standard key assignments, such as the brakes and engine/flaps controls with the F-Keys.If this solves the keyboard issue, you can carefully rebuild the fs9.cfg file to how you had previously customised it.You may also want to re-download a fresh copy of FSUIPC.Cheers,Alastair

Guest allcott

A backup copy of your FS9.cfg exists in the same folder - it's called fs9.cfg.txt. You could open both files and just scan them to see if there are any differences. Allcott

Ok guys.. Thanx for your help here. managed to solve the problem by installing FSUIPC 3.7.8Now, finally, everything works.. Except for my CH YOKE-driver, which is still corrupt.. And my CH THROTTLE is a little out of calibration..