Sign in to follow this  
Guest Debosonic

Shall I get the new CLS A300-600R?

Guest Debosonic

Yes.. Dear Simmers...Please help me on this one.The CLS a300-600R has attracted a lot of negative comments in simmarket reviews. Still, I see a lot of repaints done.It seems this aircraft is indeed popular. I know it is a 'throw a switch and it goes' type of aircraft. (like the aerosim Tristar).But I do have that and I do sometimes fly it, because I like the tristar anyway and the aerosim offering is the best one around presently.As for the A300, give me some positive comments, those who have it...I may just get it, but I am not into 'lite'.

Guest BryUK

Well, it is 'lite' as the price indicates, but don't group it in with the likes of Perfect Flight because the external model is very good. Its by the same person who did the external of the Level-D 767. The VC is also flyable with good frames as you would expect from that type of package.What I've done is merge the very good external model with the good (and detailed) HNAC A300-600 freeware panel.It is also possible to merge the aircraft with the SSW A310 panel.The model has plenty of animations, wingflex etc. The Aerosim Tristar is a good comparison, though merged with either of those panels this A300 becomes a lot more involving.

Unfortunately, the CLS website still does not have any detailed features of the A300 and very limited (mostly external) screenshots, so we have to rely on user comments. I heard it is a 'good' plane and definitely a great start for a startup developer, but I am not sure, if that is enough for me to purchase their A300.Pat

Guest dolb

I heard 'missi' did the LDS 767and 'Albert' did the CLS A300.was I misinformed?--Anyway Whether you want to buy it, is up to you, If you are missing a good (visually) quality A300-600 and like to fly default/freeware style panels with a little VC Than it is for you :).--The reviews on Simmarket do seem a little harsh (To say the least).

Wouldn't touch this rubbish with a 10 foot pole. Exterior model looks decent, cockpits look like this should be freeware ca. FS98.I mean, do they think all simmers are that gullible? On top of that this outfit is called "Commercial Level". Please.....ricardo

Guest Debosonic

Thanks guys, but I think you're right. To pay 19 euros to get a nice model only where you would have to replace the panel to make it a half way decent simulation...I will pass.I really don't like to tinker with stuff and merge panels etc. A Payware A300 should be good enough without having to merge a freeware (HNAC) or payware 2003 (SSW) panel to make it realistic.It seems that the 'as real as it gets' motto has been a bit deformed?Besides, I am pretty much busy with the PSS B777, the CS C130 and DF Baron 58 these days....AND the F1 super 80 is on its way too...